The Student Room Group

Chemical Engineering University Choices

I'm currently in year 12 taking Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Further maths. I have narrowed down the universities and courses that have drawn me to 3 ie Cambridge via engineering, Imperial 4 year Meng or Manchester's 4 year Meng with industrial experience. Can you help me out with the pros and cons of each. I have called up the manchester office and they told me that even though they have not yet updated their website, they have increased their offer for this course from AAA to A*AA. Does that symbolise how hard it easy. Please note that i'm not from a rich family so living costs do matter as well. Which of these seem to offer better prospects. My major concern as well is too much effort which can be stressful is put forth in trying to get into cambridge. Is it the same with Imperial or a bit easier. Also, which place would provide a higher chance of coming out with a 1st class degree
Reply 1
I think it will be better to wait for offers before making your decision in order to avoid disappointments. Goodluck though ^^ Applied to imperial and cambridge for same course, got rejected from both but i got a counter offer for materials engineering...

Quick Reply

Latest