The Student Room Group

Ancient History University Offers

Hi guys,
I just wanted to make a thread to get an idea about everyone's application. I'm applying to Ancient History (V110) and would love to hear about people's offers/interviews, or any thoughts.
Thanks, look forward to hearing from you all.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BigJim123
Hi guys,
I just wanted to make a thread to get an idea about everyone's application. I'm applying to Ancient History (V110) and would love to hear about people's offers/interviews, or any thoughts.

No offers yet. Where have you applied?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
St Andrews, Exeter, Newcastle, Birmingham and Manchester. Such a difficult choice. How about you?
St Andrews, Exeter, Newcastle, Birmingham and Manchester. Such a difficult choice. How about you?

Nottingham, Manchester and Reading. Then Warwick and Leeds for Classical Civilisation. Notts doesn't want me though.
Reply 4
Original post by Coffeetime
Nottingham, Manchester and Reading. Then Warwick and Leeds for Classical Civilisation. Notts doesn't want me though.

Are you applying via UCAS? And how do you know?
Are you applying via UCAS? And how do you know?

I applied the first. Nottingham rejected me on the ninth. Oh well.
Reply 6
I applied the first. Nottingham rejected me on the ninth. Oh well.

That's too bad. Which is your favourite?
That's too bad. Which is your favourite?

It was Nottingham. :s-smilie: But things happen. I'm hoping for an offer from Warwick. Fingers crossed. What about you?
Reply 8
It was Nottingham. :s-smilie: But things happen. I'm hoping for an offer from Warwick. Fingers crossed. What about you?

To be honest, I'd be thrilled to go to any of myuniversities. But I have to say that St Andrews was my favourite. Fingers crossed!!
To be honest, I'd be thrilled to go to any of myuniversities. But I have to say that St Andrews was my favourite. Fingers crossed!!

I feel the same. I just want to go to university.
I've applied for Ancient History at Bristol, Exeter, Kent, Royal Holloway and King's College.
Conditional offers from Kent and King's so far:biggrin:
Original post by mollieaspley
I've applied for Ancient History at Bristol, Exeter, Kent, Royal Holloway and King's College.
Conditional offers from Kent and King's so far:biggrin:

Yay! Another one! Which is your favourite? I love the course at King's, but I can't afford three years of London.
Yay! Another one! Which is your favourite? I love the course at King's, but I can't afford three years of London.

I would love to go to King's too (where's better to live than central London?!) but I need to look more into funding and stuff before I make a firm choice :smile:
Applied to Liverpool, Birmingham, Warwick, UCL and Sheffield for various Classics related courses. Offers from all but UCL so far....
Reply 14
Original post by samyerson
Applied to Liverpool, Birmingham, Warwick, UCL and Sheffield for various Classics related courses. Offers from all but UCL so far....

What course for Sheffield? They don't do Ancient History.
What course for Sheffield? They don't do Ancient History.

Classical and Historical Archaeology. Only one of my courses is Ancient History, the rest are ancient history related.
Hi guys,

I see we both received offers from Manchester!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
I see we both received offers from Manchester!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah. I've got Birmingham and Exeter too. All ABB, how are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah. I've got Birmingham and Exeter too. All ABB, how are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm great. How are you? Which will you firm?
Reply 19
Well still waiting for St Andrews and Newcastle. Probably (hopefully) firm St. Andrews and insure Exeter.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending