The Student Room Group

Moving the AMA threads back into Chat

Hi everyone,

A month or two ago we created the Ask Me Anything forum to house all of those threads. Initially it proved to be really popular but over the weeks has become less and less popular to the point where we can't justify it having its own forum anymore. Also, there is some evidence to show that activity in Chat has dropped off too by moving them out.

As a result, we are going to move the AMA threads back into chat where they were more popular. It was a good test to try out though.

Jack

Scroll to see replies

But they're ANNOYING as hell. It was good them being in their own sub forum because it was easier to ignore them and they didn't clog up chat.
Original post by Precious Illusions
But they're ANNOYING as hell. It was good them being in their own sub forum because it was easier to ignore them and they didn't clog up chat.

This. I borderline left TSR because of those stupid threads clogging up everything.
Original post by Obiejess
This. I borderline left TSR because of those stupid threads clogging up everything.

Exactly! It was annoying having to sift through all the boring, pointless AMA's to find the funny or decent chat threads.
Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Captain Jack! :puppyeyes:

Don't do dis :afraid:
Exactly! It was annoying having to sift through all the boring, pointless AMA's to find the funny or decent chat threads.

:yep:

:ditto:
How is it an inconvenience to just...leave the AMA forum as it is?
Calm down.

Nearly left TSR because you can't be bothered to just scroll past AMA threads.

But you didn't.

So just deal with it.

I didn't even know they had their own subsection.
Then they'll be popular again.
Original post by Captain Jack
Hi everyone,

A month or two ago we created the Ask Me Anything forum to house all of those threads. Initially it proved to be really popular but over the weeks has become less and less popular to the point where we can't justify it having its own forum anymore. Also, there is some evidence to show that activity in Chat has dropped off too by moving them out.

As a result, we are going to move the AMA threads back into chat where they were more popular. It was a good test to try out though.

Jack

Any chance you can just get rid of chat altogether?

Original post by L'Evil Fish

I didn't even know they had their own subsection.

Have you been living in a cave or something?
There are lots of inactive sub-forums, why do you care about AMA so much? I'd rather you banned AMA threads altogether to be honest.

Original post by Black Hippy

This is a very good idea.
(edited 9 years ago)

Best joke I've heard :rofl:

Nobody leaves TSR. Once you're here you are here to stay.
Quite frankly, this is a stupid decision.

Have you been living in a cave or something?

In a little rock pool.

I came very, very close. Nearly blocked myself from it on my pc lol
Original post by Samual
There are lots of inactive sub-forums, why do you care about AMA so much? I'd rather you banned AMA threads altogether than bring them back into Chat.

This. Remove all the unproductive forums like Chat, AMA etc.

Chat should just be removed. Its a hot bed for trolling, the mods have a hard time dealing with it etc.

What kind of stuff did people ask?
The AMA section is quiet because nobody cares. Putting it back into chat won't make people care. "I ate toast this morning. AMA"
Chat has certainly been a lot less cluttered since AMA was given it's own sub-forum, it doesn't seem hugely beneficial to add them back. The people who are interested in the AMAs will still go to the section, and it leaves Chat clearer for those who are disinterested.

It also seems somewhat inevitable that Chat activity will drop whilst AMA is still a sub-forum, but that activity is just being moved elsewhere, it doesn't seem a reason to merge the sections again.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest