The Student Room Group

GCSE geography confusion

Hi,
I've been doing some geography revision and I'm doing questions then looking at answers. I know my answers are right but the answers in the book often have different points to me and not the ones I have. Would I still get marks in the exam?!
thanks
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Reply 2
Original post by ruthie_nuggetty
Hi,
I've been doing some geography revision and I'm doing questions then looking at answers. I know my answers are right but the answers in the book often have different points to me and not the ones I have. Would I still get marks in the exam?!
thanks

can i have an example to illustrate this? i can advise you better then
Original post by tgwktm
can i have an example to illustrate this? i can advise you better then

I had to describe a the population distribution on a graph and although the points I made were correct, they were not on the selection of answers.
Reply 4
I had to describe a the population distribution on a graph and although the points I made were correct, they were not on the selection of answers.

i think that if the answers where correct in your opinion then they should be accepted in an exam, i think the ones they put on the mark scheme are examples and just cause your's weren't on there it doesn't mean that they are wrong its just that they weren't ones that were listed. if this happens a lot maybe when you do past paper questions you could show the answers you are concerned about to your teacher just to double check that you are writing the right thing.
Reply 5
Usually on mark schemes where there is more than one acceptable answer they put "eg." Before it or "any reasonable answer, such as". I think normally if they just state one then there is only one accepted one. Idk

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tgwktm
i think that if the answers where correct in your opinion then they should be accepted in an exam, i think the ones they put on the mark scheme are examples and just cause your's weren't on there it doesn't mean that they are wrong its just that they weren't ones that were listed. if this happens a lot maybe when you do past paper questions you could show the answers you are concerned about to your teacher just to double check that you are writing the right thing.

Original post by Izzyyyyy
Usually on mark schemes where there is more than one acceptable answer they put "eg." Before it or "any reasonable answer, such as". I think normally if they just state one then there is only one accepted one. Idk

Posted from TSR Mobile

Reply 8

No problem :smile:
i did geography gcse and typically if your points are relevant and focus on the question and in your case the graph in question then you should be fine :~)
Original post by koolthing
i did geography gcse and typically if your points are relevant and focus on the question and in your case the graph in question then you should be fine :~)

Okay thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest