The Student Room Group

A2 Psychology OCR

Scroll to see replies

Reply 480
Section B.b, the evaluating bit. What I did was evaluate the studies in A, issues leading to other issues and comparing and contrasting, so I only got 8/16 for that. I now know that I have to start with the issue and explain what it means, which is so much easier than what I've been doing. I just think the markscheme is too structured :sigh:
Reply 481
I'm doing crime and what I've been taught for section B.b is to state an issue, explain it then give evidence that agrees with it and a piece of evidence that contrasts it.
I've been doing it that way and getting 14/16
^ Yeah, exactly that. We thought of it as the structure: What/Where/Where/Why

So state and explain issue, give 2 studies as examples (if possible, a good and bad point for each), and then conclude why it is important

I agree the way it works is too structured, but you can also digress slightly from this rigidity if you keep the general idea of issue, example, explain. I got so sick of it by June that I just wrote a more 'free' essay, but it worked :p:
Nayra
Hey!! ^^

Is anyone doing an exam on Health psychology next week?

I did a mock last week and I got a C.. even though I knew the topics that would come up. I wrote an essay and revised the whole thing and I thought I knew it really well so I was positive I was going to get an A. Turns out that I have been doing Section B.b the wrong way round.
So.. I'm really worried now :frown: and I have to get an A in psychology for uni, and I don't really want to resit..

Any hints?

Also, is anyone doing AQA english literature??

I think AQA is the board i'm on for English Lit, what seems to be the problem?
Reply 484
I just realised this isn't going to go well. Not sure what to revise for section A as it's harder to predict questions
rach_998
I just realised this isn't going to go well. Not sure what to revise for section A as it's harder to predict questions

we havent even been taught anything about section A :s what is section A, our teacher has focused so much on section B and nothing at all on section A!:O
Generally for section A you have to just decribe four studies. Then for part B of A, you get asked....I can't remember! :laugh:
If you look at past exam papers on the OCR website you'll see the sorts of things you will have to write about
Reply 487
x Kelly
we havent even been taught anything about section A :s what is section A, our teacher has focused so much on section B and nothing at all on section A!:O

As long as you know a study for each sub-topic you should be fine. The questions are quite random though, which makes it hard to revise for them. I think the Section A part B's are the hardest, as you have to use your brain, you can't have learnt the answer. I've been through lots of section As in my revision, but I don't think it'll be any use because it just depends on the question on the day. Good luck for tomorrow! Im so nervous! :frown:

Also, I'm quite sure (well i hope lol) that health promotion will come up in section B, so perhaps concentrate on revising that tonight if you haven't done that much on it already? :smile:
Beckym14
As long as you know a study for each sub-topic you should be fine. The questions are quite random though, which makes it hard to revise for them. I think the Section A part B's are the hardest, as you have to use your brain, you can't have learnt the answer. I've been through lots of section As in my revision, but I don't think it'll be any use because it just depends on the question on the day. Good luck for tomorrow! Im so nervous! :frown:

Also, I'm quite sure (well i hope lol) that health promotion will come up in section B, so perhaps concentrate on revising that tonight if you haven't done that much on it already? :smile:

Oh i did psychology and crime, not the health one, but thanks anyhow hehe

:O ive just noticed... you're applying for psychology tooo :smile: so am i :biggrin: except most of mine are like psycholgy and criminology, or psychology and child studies. ive applied to nottingham trent :biggrin:

I may see you there ahah
Reply 489
x Kelly
Oh i did psychology and crime, not the health one, but thanks anyhow hehe

:O ive just noticed... you're applying for psychology tooo :smile: so am i :biggrin: except most of mine are like psycholgy and criminology, or psychology and child studies. ive applied to nottingham trent :biggrin:

I may see you there ahah

cool :smile: im going to the open day at nott trent soon :smile:
oo im just about to start crime. Which topic do u think i should drop? as in which is the most boring/has the most to learn?
im going to start revising earlier for this one so i don't get as stressed out lol
xo
hello, im new here and im not really sure where to post... hope this is right!

i am studying A2 psychology and will be sitting the OCR Health paper NEXT WEEK!

unfortunately my teacher is confident that health and safety will come up on the paper and that is my weakest part of health because of the lack of structured studies (i.e. in psychology and crime it was simple, list what happened in the study for section B part 1, and then evaluate the study, for example sample, ethics etc. for part B)...

however in the health booklet a lot of the studies i have looked at havent got the evluations for them.... so the study i am revising at the moment is SWOV institute for road safety research, 1997... could somebody give me an evaluation of the study please? i.e. methodology, usefulness, and reductionism???????

please help :biggrin:!!!
Reply 491
Anyone doing "Psychology & Sport", June 9th?
Reply 492
Hi, not read through the thread, sorry (about to do some stuff on my English NTB6 pre-release!) but any predictions on Section A topics for the crime exam on the 9th?
my teacher has looked at past papers and guessed that it could be
courtroom
testimony
preventions? for section A

however this is just what he thinks it may be, though he was right for the january exams.
Reply 494
Cheers, that's brilliant. I'm just gonna focus on whatever I can as a minimum, as I made a huge hash of Crime in January, so now I'm sitting both Environment and Crime on Tuesday, sandwiched between NTB5 on Monday and NTB6 (English) on Wednesday - talk about cramming! Certainly learnt my lesson on sticking to revision plans, to say the least.
Reply 495
can anyone tell me how many studies you have to focus on in question b of part A. My teacher hasnt focused properly on section A for the crime exam!
Reply 496
I've just been looking through my plans and getting confused, which is where I think I fell down in the Jan exam. The subject is really interesting, but the exams aren't half a load of bollox.

I'm thinking Section A question (b) is relevant to sub-section, so just however many are relevant to the particular one it suggests, referred to in terms of the 4 issues you outline? (I hope that makes sense!)
Reply 497
hey, doing research methods and appraoches in february and the bit i get stuck on is the debates in section B.
free will vs determinism
situation vs individual
and some others

and how research and debates/issues/appraoches can help in society

if anyone can help me that would be sooo appreciated, post a reply or pm me

thaaaaaaaaaaanks

if anyoen else is finding this bit hard too let me know!

:smile:
Original post by Katy200
I thought that this thread could be used for any questions on OCR Psychology or any problems that we are having.

Is there anyone else studying it with this exam board?

Is this board still open cos I need some help with the exams.... I was wondering if anyone had solid notes on Bruce et al (Crime) and Dysfunctional Behaviours (Health)...Well summarised and useful for exams.

Anyone out there, please help! I'll give you a lot of rep points :P
Please please, my notes are 2 longg hence finding it hard to remember it all...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending