The Student Room Group

A2 Psychology OCR

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Smem
Whoa, my teachers have told all of our group its a 1800 word limit for the practical project and 1000 for the assignment :s-smilie:!!!! Are you absolutely sure? Does it say anywhere on the OCR website??? If so, all 3 psychology groups in my school have got a major problem....

The word limit is for sure 1400 and a 1000 so yeah there does seem to be a problem.
Smem
Whoa, my teachers have told all of our group its a 1800 word limit for the practical project and 1000 for the assignment :s-smilie:!!!! Are you absolutely sure? Does it say anywhere on the OCR website??? If so, all 3 psychology groups in my school have got a major problem....

Yes I am.

The Practical Project
Candidates conduct and report on a piece of practical work that follows the traditional style of empirical investigation in psychology. The report must be written up in the standard format that includes a consideration of the theoretical context, the chosen method, the results of the investigation and an evaluation of the investigation. The report should be no more than 1400
words.

The Assignment
Candidates produce a written assignment that relates psychological theory and evidence to a real-life event. The assignment should be no more than 1000 words.

From pg. 22 of the OCR Specifications (available on ocr.org.uk)
Ok thanksss, shall go and seriously heckle the teachers for a reason WHY they decided to tell us completely the wrong word limit.
I'm doing OCR psychology.

I did an organisations exam in Jan and I'm doing crime in June. My CW (I've just finished putting the finishing touches on it) is on the primacy and recency effect/girl yobs.
Was organistations boring? I think of the choices, crime is the only appealing one. Health was so dull....
Reply 85
CrazyBeautiful
Was organistations boring? I think of the choices, crime is the only appealing one. Health was so dull....

im finding crime kinda rubbish, cause a lot of it is bull****. Health was not that bad even though half the stuff went in one ear and straight out the other.

the worst bit is te coursework, thats what is killing me, i done the assignment but im not getting anywhere with the practical investigation.
Reply 86
Health is alright. I don't particularly enjoy Sport though.
Ive just realised something quite worrying... I have no idea how the exam is set out.
How many questions will we be asked??
How many topics could come up??

Ahhhh!
Reply 88
Section A- choice of two questions, a) and b)
Section B- choice of two questions, a), b) and c)
Thaaanks.. and the 96 came from my teacher.. he said:
2 topics (health and sport)
8 subtopics
each of these have 3 sub-sub topics
learn 2 studies from each sub-sub topic
= 24 x 2
= 48

= 96

and i think thats bare minimum, just so youve got something to evaluate against each other.
Reply 90
Eurgh... lol
96 :frown:

Do you do Health and Sport too then?
Yes...but I swear i know nothing from any of them. Like, I remember a couple of studies but the rest just goes in 1 ear out the other. Psychology depresses me aswell, i literallllly cannot stand it.
How far have you got with your revision?
Reply 92
I hate it. I wanted to drop it last year but I got an A in it, so I dropped the subject I got my lowest grade in.

I haven't really got far with revision. I need to get my arse into gear lol. How about you?
I wanted to drop it last year too... but 1 of my subjects was only an AS so I had to drop that (mores the pity :frown:) I got an A aswell but i really don't know if im going to be able to scrape an A this year, minimum i need is a B for uni *sobs*
I havent started yet.. my teacher is incredibly blase aswell hes like "try and do some over easter...ill do some revision in a couple of weeks. oh yea problem WE HAVENT FINISHED THE SYLLABUS"
Stresses:bawling:
Reply 94
Oh we finished the syllabus the other week. I get set two Sections B's every week.. eurgh.
Could be worse... last year this happened aswell, walked into the exam never having actually finished one of the long answer questions hahha!
Reply 96
FireDeuce
Thaaanks.. and the 96 came from my teacher.. he said:
2 topics (health and sport)
8 subtopics
each of these have 3 sub-sub topics
learn 2 studies from each sub-sub topic
= 24 x 2
= 48

= 96

and i think thats bare minimum, just so youve got something to evaluate against each other.

no way you ned 96. At most i am going to learn 4 from each of the eight subjects. As you actually only need 4 at most for any of the questions, and that worked fine in jan as i got 95 lol. i remember everyone saying you have learn so many studies but you actually dont if you can do it but its better to no a good amount well than no a lot vaguely.
But surely that leaves a lot of the topics uncovered..and so if you get a question on two you havent really learnt your ****ed..so its gambling.
Reply 98
No not really cause if you learn a study for each sub topic and 1 exta that = 4 and do the same for he other 7 topics

so you will learn at least 1 study for each topic and 1 extra which means you will have 4 to use in your section b answer.
I'm with Shuky. We learnt 4 studies per area, and for most that's all you need. Now, with an area like Health Promotion (just an example from what I've done), loads of questions could come up so it's better to perhaps get one more study learnt for that eventuality. I was so screwed in Jan, I admit, as I learnt a study about campaigns in the community but the question (part b would have been sooo easy if I'd have done it) asked for a study from either a school or workplace. So, yeah, that sucked for me (still got a B though, so I can begrudgingly live with it)- but for most other topics there's only so much they can ask, which you will cover within 4 studies.

So in conclusion (:rolleyes: )- you're wasting your time learning 96 studies- though, the odd extra study here or there may help

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending