The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Economics at Exeter Offers 2015

Just was wondering if anyone has received really high offers for Economics at Exeter 2015?
I'm predicted A* A* A and got an offer for A* A* A even though it says on the website they offer A*AA-AAB
Anyone else had this?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I am in the exact same situation- A*A*A prediction and an offer of A*A*A from Exeter for Economics! Was a bit surprised as was expecting a 3A offer realistically. Just wondering if it has something to do with also applying to Oxbridge as they know the deadline (15th)- did you do the same??
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Yeah just got an offer of A*A*A as well, was hoping for this to be my backup... :/ (Am predicted A*A*A*A and already have one A* at A2)
Reply 3
Economics and Politics, also received an offer of A*A*A which I thought was a bit much. At least it makes my decision easier - for the same course I've been offered A*AA from an equal if not better institution. :smile:
Reply 4
Any of you guys got an offer from Nottingham?
Me too...A*A*A ....clearly you won't hold this as an Oxbridge 2nd choice....forces you to put Exeter top if you want it.
Reply 6
Original post by vic_27
Just was wondering if anyone has received really high offers for Economics at Exeter 2015?
I'm predicted A* A* A and got an offer for A* A* A even though it says on the website they offer A*AA-AAB
Anyone else had this?

Yh, I got an offer yday for Economics with study abroad for A* A A, when the site says 3 As. Pretty baffled, because that was meant to be my insurance so now I have to get at least one A* :/
Reply 7
Phoned up Exeter and they said if you are predicted high they want to encourage you to get "the best grades you can" which is why they are offering outside their normal range. If you put it as your first choice and did not get the required grades they would "review" your application (possibly let you in anyway)
Reply 8
I got predicted A*A*A but got an offer from Exeter for AAB. Maybe they gave out high offers to people who applied to Oxbridge?
Reply 9
I got A*A*A offer as well. So annoying was gonna be a back up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by ADAML97
I got predicted A*A*A but got an offer from Exeter for AAB. Maybe they gave out high offers to people who applied to Oxbridge?

They can't see which other Universities you have applied for

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by Follett

Posted from TSR Mobile

they can see when you applied though?
Reply 12
Original post by Ladius
they can see when you applied though?

Yeah I guess, although I applied before Oxbridge deadline and I didn't apply for Oxbridge

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Follett

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah but if you've applied before Oct 15th, they're likely to think you're an Oxbridge candidate
I've had the same! I do the IB and they ask for 34-38 (out of 45) for Economics and Politics. I applied around maybe the end of September with a 43 prediction, and I received an offer yesterday of 40. Seems quite high...
Original post by NikolaT
Economics and Politics, also received an offer of A*A*A which I thought was a bit much. At least it makes my decision easier - for the same course I've been offered A*AA from an equal if not better institution. :smile:

Where else have you applied to? I've also applied for Economics and Politics courses :smile:
I would add that the same thing is happening to us English peeps too :smile: But I don't know about any other subjects, nor why a few people are still getting the normal offer...
I just received an offer of AAB for Economics L100, maybe it's to do with what subjects you are taking?
Reply 18
Original post by michaelwyoung
I just received an offer of AAB for Economics L100, maybe it's to do with what subjects you are taking?

Maybe what subjects did you do? I did maths, chemistry, biology, economics, business studies

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm doing economics maths and Physics A2 and did chemistry AS. I suppose personal statement and all the other things you do have a big part to play as well?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending