The Student Room Group

how can you lose fat without losing weight?

i would like to lose some excess all around my body but i'm already 47kg which is a bit on the low side for my height (5ft 5). so i was wondering if there's a way to burn off all that fat without losing any lean body mass as i doubt that can be very good for me.
Start lifting as well as doing cardio to maintain muscle. SS for Dummies is a pretty good program for beginners.

You might want to see if you can get this moved to the fitness sub forum btw, you'll probably get more info there? :smile:
Reply 2
I've been in the same situation, 5ft 5 and 45kg- dance is really good though, it helps to build muscle while burning fat :smile: feel much more toned but maintained the same weight
Reply 3
Original post by BreakingBadx
. SS for Dummies is a pretty good program for beginners.

Yeah it was pretty good if you wanted to work your way to up to the Fuhrer.
Original post by DErasmus
Yeah it was pretty good if you wanted to work your way to up to the Fuhrer.

:rofl:

thanks everyone! it's not a huge deal of fat tbh, my waist size is 26" so it's nothing that needs immediate attention but it would certainly help my self confidence
You've made this thread before tanyapotter, they concluded that you were not just aiming to lose a reasonable amount of weight/fat but were experiencing disordered eating thoughts. You have a 26' waist, there is no way that much lower would mkae you healthier, so in what way do you think that having a 22' waist is going to make you happier?

high protein diet with resistance training incorporated at maintenance calories for a body recomposition...
(edited 9 years ago)
Here's Fitness

Here's what you need from Fitness

Count calories, increase protein and fat intake, reduce carb intake, weight lift.
47kg? that's about 8 stone? I don't think there's any real need here - just eat a few hundred calories below your recommended and keep the excercise, as long as you don't start fully fasting and running out of carbs, glucose etc. your body shouldn't go into breaking down muscle for energy.
someone is welcome to correct me if im wrong though.
Original post by tearteto
47kg? that's about 8 stone? I don't think there's any real need here - just eat a few hundred calories below your recommended and keep the excercise, as long as you don't start fully fasting and running out of carbs, glucose etc. your body shouldn't go into breaking down muscle for energy.

People with low body weight could still have a high body fat percentage
Reply 10
Original post by tanyapotter
i would like to lose some excess all around my body but i'm already 47kg which is a bit on the low side for my height (5ft 5). so i was wondering if there's a way to burn off all that fat without losing any lean body mass as i doubt that can be very good for me.

Eat protein throughout the day whilst doing cardio and dieting is the best way to lose fat, and when I say throughout the day it really has to be, having a lot of protein in one meal is pointless since your body can't store it unless your muscles need repairing and even then it's very little. You will lose weight if you lose bodyfat unless you're working out.
Do insanity or t25!!! #teambeachbody #teamshaunt!
Reply 12
Original post by tanyapotter
thanks everyone! it's not a huge deal of fat tbh, my waist size is 26" so it's nothing that needs immediate attention but it would certainly help my self confidence

You wont just lose fat around your waist, your body stores it in the most effective way possible so the majority will be around your belly. Bare in mind if you want a smaller waist the rest of you will get smaller too :smile:
Original post by Taelii
You wont just lose fat around your waist, your body stores it in the most effective way possible so the majority will be around your belly. Bare in mind if you want a smaller waist the rest of you will get smaller too :smile:

How much smaller can a waist get?
Reply 14
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
How much smaller can a waist get?

well she identified that she would like a smaller waist so there still just be a small amount of fat. A low bodyfat % is very hard to get and maintain, it takes a huge amount of dedication especially at low bodyfat to keep making it drop since your body wont want to burn what little you have left.
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
You've made this thread before tanyapotter, they concluded that you were not just aiming to lose a reasonable amount of weight/fat but were experiencing disordered eating thoughts. You have a 26' waist, there is no way that much lower would mkae you healthier, so in what way do you think that having a 22' waist is going to make you happier?

high protein diet with resistance training incorporated at maintenance calories for a body recomposition...

Other than "high protein diet" which means very little... THIS

75g of protein a day would be enough for her with resistance training

Original post by Vixen47
Here's Fitness

Here's what you need from Fitness

Count calories, increase protein and fat intake, reduce carb intake, weight lift.

This

Original post by tearteto

Starvation style diets will promote muscle breakdown, yes

Original post by Paras Agarwal
Do insanity or t25!!! #teambeachbody #teamshaunt!

Wat

No
The calorie you are taking in a day, that much calorie you should have to reduce, that means you have to take some calorie deficit for maintaining your body fats, drink more water at least 8 glass in a day.
Original post by JeffreyPhelps
The calorie you are taking in a day, that much calorie you should have to reduce, that means you have to take some calorie deficit for maintaining your body fats, drink more water at least 8 glass in a day.

Agreed, you should have to take some calorie deficit, how much calorie you are taking that much you have to lose also. and every time check your calorie deficit .

Quick Reply

Latest