The Student Room Group

Asking for a number

Is it creepy to girls? How do I do it so I don't come across as creepy?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
its not creepy if you are friends
Reply 2
Flirt first and if you get some encouragement it's fine. Creepy is when you are getting negative vibe and still ask or with complete strangers (unless you are a sex god, and then you wouldn't do this anyway).
Reply 3
It's at my part time job, so it's difficult, especially if you're shy like me.
Why would she want to give you her number? What's in it for her?

If you can't answer that, then don't ask.
Reply 5
Original post by cole-slaw
Why would she want to give you her number? What's in it for her?

If you can't answer that, then don't ask.

Because we're getting on alright, would like to see her out of work
Original post by Anonymous
Because we're getting on alright, would like to see her out of work

So suggest something to do, then you won't have to ask her, she will offer it freely and of her own accord.
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
Is it creepy to girls? How do I do it so I don't come across as creepy?
Give her yours instead :smile: takes the pressure off her then, if she's interested, she'll text you
Reply 8
Don't ask for hers... Give her your number and ask her if she would like to catch up some time.
She may not be interested but may feel obliged to give you her number because you asked..
At least if she calls you then you will know she likes you...
Original post by news2me
Don't ask for hers... Give her your number and ask her if she would like to catch up some time.
She may not be interested but may feel obliged to give you her number because you asked..
At least if she calls you then you will know she likes you...

Only thing with that is if she doesn't contact him then it could be really awkward?

I'd go with asking her out to something casual like drinks, that way you can ask for her number naturally. Why would she say no if you get along well?
I ask for numbers in the first 5 mins of conversation. If she not feeling you, it's not worth the effort in continuing.
Ask for her whatsapp - it's less intense than asking for her number.
Original post by C_tinie_D
Only thing with that is if she doesn't contact him then it could be really awkward?

I'd go with asking her out to something casual like drinks, that way you can ask for her number naturally. Why would she say no if you get along well?

If she doesn't contact him then he's not wasting his time chasing around someone who isn't interested.

I never used to take phone numbers, I just used to offer mine. Its a win-win scenario: you know that every text you receive will be from an interested girl.
If she doesn't contact him then he's not wasting his time chasing around someone who isn't interested.

I never used to take phone numbers, I just used to offer mine. Its a win-win scenario: you know that every text you receive will be from an interested girl.

Ye but he works with her? Imagine if she doen't text
Original post by C_tinie_D
Ye but he works with her? Imagine if she doen't text

He just carries on like before.

As I said, asking for/offering number is a bad idea anyway, its better to organise an activity in person.
He just carries on like before.

As I said, asking for/offering number is a bad idea anyway, its better to organise an activity in person.

agreed.
Lol the only time they find it creepy is if they don't think the dude is attractive

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Yeah dude
Lol the only time they find it creepy is if they don't think the dude is attractive

Posted from TSR Mobile

A ridiculous myth. good looking guys can be incredibly creepy, ugly guys can friendly and respectful and end up getting laid.
A ridiculous myth. good looking guys can be incredibly creepy, ugly guys can friendly and respectful and end up getting laid.

Ya I know dude i'm just saying the stereotypical nice guy crap

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Yeah dude
Ya I know dude i'm just saying the stereotypical nice guy crap

You should let us know when you're going to do impressions in future, then we will know to clap.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending