The Student Room Group

Tips for succeeding in AS Chemistry

Hi everyone!
It would be great if you share your study tips with me :smile:))))
This isn't really a study tip, but it does make the studying a looooot easier;

Make sure you understand everything before you leave class/start a different topic. Ask a fellow student, or your teacher, or TSR even, just make sure you understand what you're learning or else, when you come across it when you're studying for exams, it will be 10 times harder to learn it.

I know it's kind of obvious, but it's really important for A Level Chemistry.
Learn definitions really really well (on F321 five marks is a grade and there can be three marks for one definition!).
Practice mole calculations until you can do them standing on your head.
Learn the organic F322 reactions really well.
Do past paper questions www.freeexampapers.com from the start and learn from the mark schemes.
As has been said before understanding is super important, I would try and use different resources so the textbook, revision guides, notes from a-level chemistry.co.uk (amazing site- good for notes and has loads of questions!), chemguide etc. Try and drum stuff into your head some things are just pure memorisation like reagents and conditions in organic, some equations and definitions as those are easy marks. I find practice to be pretty important in chemistry, I would try and do pretty much as much of the questions I could from the a-levelchemistry.co.uk and the questions in my textbook and revision guide. Past papers are pretty important too as for my board (AQA) there was quite a bit of repetition and you could predict some types of question which would most probably come up. Try and do the work as you go along and not leave it till the end as this makes it easier to understand the links between other topics and gives you more time to consolidate. Good luck!
Reply 4
This is literally the only advice anyone ever needs hahaha
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest