The Student Room Group

Extended Essay topic help!

So I'm doing the IB and I'm totally stuck on what topic to do. I want to choose something to do with Dentistry as it's what I want to do in the future. But I have absolutely no idea on what I could do.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know! It would mean a lot :smile:
Original post by nat1432
So I'm doing the IB and I'm totally stuck on what topic to do. I want to choose something to do with Dentistry as it's what I want to do in the future. But I have absolutely no idea on what I could do.

Hello :smile:

Given this a bump! Might be worth posting in the dentistry forum too!
Reply 2
Original post by nat1432

Hey,

I am in the second year of IB, and I wrote my EE on a dental based topic; specifically, the effect of different drinks on the acid erosion and discoloration of tooth enamel (7up, coke, orange juice, coffee, milk and water).

It is a chemistry essay.

I managed to obtain 18 extracted molars from a local dental surgery which I submerged into the various drinks measuring the mass every 3 days for a total of 21 days with a weighing balance of +/- 0.001 grams.

I obtained good results showing expected trends. I could help you out if you want.

I have applied for dentistry already and waiting to hear within the next month or so!
Hi,I am in my first year of the IB and also want to study Dentistry. I was thinking of doing the same EE; Investigating the effect of energy drink on human dental enamel surface of permanent teeth by measuring the surface roughness.If possible do you you have your results that you collected still available?Thank you, Louis

Quick Reply

Latest