The Student Room Group
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website

Derby PGCE Primary applicants 2015

Anyone applying to do PGCE primary for 2015? Haven't sent my application off yet but this is my first choice!

Would be good to get to know others so we can discuss progress together!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by kizzz!
Anyone applying to do PGCE primary for 2015? Haven't sent my application off yet but this is my first choice!

Hey, I am applying for Derby uni too for a PGCE. I havent sent my application off either yet. Where else are you applying?
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by abi27
Hey, I am applying for Derby uni too for a PGCE. I havent sent my application off either yet. Where else are you applying?

Are you doing primary? I'm thinking of Leicester and perhaps Sheffield Hallam but I'm not too sure on that one. What about you?
Reply 3
Original post by kizzz!
Are you doing primary? I'm thinking of Leicester and perhaps Sheffield Hallam but I'm not too sure on that one. What about you?

Yeah I am doing primary, i'm thinking about the unis in york and leeds. How is your experience in schools going? Have you got your skills tests booked? This is so tense isnt it, hate having to wait around to send off my application.
Reply 4
Original post by abi27
Yeah I am doing primary, i'm thinking about the unis in york and leeds. How is your experience in schools going? Have you got your skills tests booked? This is so tense isnt it, hate having to wait around to send off my application.

It's horrible! I did a lot of experience in a pre-school and nurseries, but after contacting the unis, they've all said I need recent experience in a primary school! So it's taken me ages to get some responses from schools and I'm finally starting my experience on Monday!!! Feel like I have so much to do yet!
How far are you with your application? I'm from Derby, so planning on applying for unis that are near so I can stay at home.
Reply 5
Original post by kizzz!
It's horrible! I did a lot of experience in a pre-school and nurseries, but after contacting the unis, they've all said I need recent experience in a primary school! So it's taken me ages to get some responses from schools and I'm finally starting my experience on Monday!!! Feel like I have so much to do yet!
How far are you with your application? I'm from Derby, so planning on applying for unis that are near so I can stay at home.

Aw bless you! I hate how specific they are with their experience requirements. I'm hoping to get my application in tomorrow night. Just got to confirm my second reference. Hope your experience goes ok tomorrow. Yeah, i'm from Derby too! =)
Original post by kizzz!

Hello!

Have either of you heard anything from Derby? I have been offered a place.
Reply 7
Hey, yeah I got a place too =). have you heard back from any of your other choices?
Derby was my first choice, I was at an interview the day I got the email! but my final interview should be the Wednesday coming but I withdrew :smile: what about you?
Reply 9
Original post by abi27
Hey, yeah I got a place too =). have you heard back from any of your other choices?

Original post by Hurst12345
Derby was my first choice, I was at an interview the day I got the email! but my final interview should be the Wednesday coming but I withdrew :smile: what about you?

How was your interview? Could you give some info on what happens on the day if you don't mind? :redface:
Hi,

The interview was fine, we did a maths and English test, a group interview and brief 1-1 :smile: have you got an interview? :smile:
Reply 11
Hi there,

I have been offered and accepted a place on the primary PGCE :smile:. I have accepted my place via the UCAS track system but I haven't heard anything from Derby Uni yet? Is this the same for everybody else that has accepted a place?

Thanks,
Original post by A_5_H
Hi there,

I have been offered and accepted a place on the primary PGCE :smile:. I have accepted my place via the UCAS track system but I haven't heard anything from Derby Uni yet? Is this the same for everybody else that has accepted a place?

Thanks,

Hello, Yes! I emailed and they said they don't send any info out until all the interviews are complete. :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by Hurst12345
Hello, Yes! I emailed and they said they don't send any info out until all the interviews are complete. :smile:

Thats brilliant! At least I know I'm not the only one that hasn't heard anything!

Thanks,
Hi!

I've been offered a place for primary PGCE at derby too! I've looked on Facebook for a group for us all but no one has started one yet. I'm age range 5-11
X
Yeah, I keep checking Facebook! It's all so exciting at the minute :smile: x
Maybe we could set one up haha!! X
Reply 17
Original post by izzy lucy
Hi!

I've been offered a place for primary PGCE at derby too! I've looked on Facebook for a group for us all but no one has started one yet. I'm age range 5-11
X

Would you be able to give a brief run through of what happens at the interview? I'm soo nervous!!!
Hi

Congrats on the interview, when is it?

You arrive at main reception and hand in all your documents to be checked. Then you go to a room and the course leader runs through the course and explains what will happen throughout the day. You then sit a maths and English test which is marked by the tutors. Next you are given a tour of the campus and can ask them any questions. Then it's lunch time yay! Following this you all meet up in a room and Sarah, course leader went through the course and everything in more retail with a PowerPoint. You then spilt into smaller groups and go off with a course tutor where your interviewed in groups by the tutor and 2 head teachers from schools then you have a 1-1 interview/talk and show them your profiles that you can take. It's quite a nice interview to be honest :smile: you also receive back your test results!! It took them a week to tell me I got a place, good luck xx
I've set up a group on Facebook called 'Derby University Primary PGCE 2015-2016' for those of us who have been offered a place to get to know each other etc xx

Quick Reply

Latest