The Student Room Group

What is the difference between registering title and registering land ? Land law

What are the main differences? In the book I have, it is not listed specifically so I can't find the information :frown:
Original post by Ketchuplover
What are the main differences? In the book I have, it is not listed specifically so I can't find the information :frown:

When you say 'registering land', are you talking about the process of first registration of previously unregistered land?
Original post by TurboCretin
When you say 'registering land', are you talking about the process of first registration of previously unregistered land?

I am not really sure. the wording of the question is what confuses me too
I am not really sure. the wording of the question is what confuses me too

I am also being asked for the significance of the difference if that helps in any way
I am also being asked for the significance of the difference if that helps in any way

I agree the wording is confusing. I don't think that this is necessarily an error - I think the question is really asking for a full-ish explanation of what each term means. Each term really has to be described on its own terms, because they apply to what are effectively two separate systems of land ownership. The idea of 'registered title' belongs to the world of registered land, while the concept of 'registering land' refers (if I'm interpreting it correctly) to the process of transferring a piece of land from the system of unregistered land over to the system of registered land, i.e. 'first registration'.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending