The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St. Andrews English Applicants and Offer Holders 2015

A place for all St. Andrews English Applicants/Offer Holders for 2015 entry.
Original post by MicahMackay

Got an offer day before yesterday :smile:
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Wow! What was the offer? I'm really, really hoping for an offer as it's one of my top choices :smile:

AAA :smile: including English naturally
Nice! I really hope I get an offer :s-smilie: where else have you applied?

Cambrige, Durham, UCL, and KCL. You? :smile:
Cambridge, Durham, Exeter and York!

I have offers from Exeter (A*A*A) and York (AAA). Which Cambridge college?

Nice, I've only got one offer so far...not going to lie, the Exeter offers look very daunting!! I'm applying to Pembroke.

Nice to meet someone else whose equally interested in talking about university English applications; there's only four of us in my year group!!
Yeah same! There's only a couple of us applying for English and only 2 of us applying for English at Oxbridge. I've applied to Trinity Hall, just need to submit the 2 essays. Yeah the offer from Exeter is extremely daunting, I can't believe they're giving A*A*A offers this year :s-smilie: How long did St. Andrews take to get back to you?

I was kept in suspense for exactly one month!! So not to worry.
I was under the impression that St.Andrews don't give out offers until after January 15th except for international students. Is this true?
Offer from St Andrews today! IB 38 with 6 in English!
How long did you wait for your offer? Are you an international student? (Sorry about the questions - just very keen on St. Andrews haha!) seriously well done on the offer though!

haha no worries! I was very nervous about St. Andrews too, and I am an international applicant from Hong Kong. I sent in my application to UCAS on the 11th of October, and St. Andrews sent me an email on the 15th of October saying that they received my application. St. Andrews claimed in their email that all applicants (other than medicine) would receive a decision in 4 weeks.

So its been about 4 weeks since I applied and I received my offer on the 11th of November :smile:

thank you so much and sorry for the mini essay ^

I hope you receive an offer soon! Where else are you applying to? Is St Andrews your first choice?
(edited 9 years ago)
Thanks! St. Andrew's is my 2nd choice after Cambridge. If they send offers within 4 weeks it means I might be receiving a decision either tonight or tomorrow - so nervous! What are your other choices?

I applied to Durham, Oxford, St. Andrews, Edinburgh and Exeter. Durham is my first choice and I received an offer at the end of October so I'm extremely happy!

Good luck with St. Andrews - you'll definitely receive news soon!

Are you an international student too?
No, I live in England so not an international student :smile: Well done on Durham! I've also applied but haven't heard anything yet! I have offers from York and Exeter though :biggrin:

Thank you! I've heard that Durham takes a while to get back to their home applicants, so no worries, I'm sure you'll hear from them soon!

And congratulations on both your offers! Those are two absolutely amazing schools! :biggrin:
Any Scottish Students got an offer yet? I got 5 As' at higher, sent off around one month ago, not heard anything since.
Reply 12
I sent mine off for English Lit in mid November and I've had nothing but a confirmation- my hopes are fading rapidly, especially because of my GCSE results. It's my last one, I'm so impatient, I just wanna know now! :frown:
I sent my application off October 8th, and still haven't heard back yet, although I did apply for English and Philosophy so that may slow things down. I wouldn't be too worried, they have a while to let us know yet :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by Elle97
I sent mine off for English Lit in mid November and I've had nothing but a confirmation- my hopes are fading rapidly, especially because of my GCSE results. It's my last one, I'm so impatient, I just wanna know now! :frown:

I had crappy GCSE's (no A's or A*'s), chin up :wink:
Reply 15

I got an Unconditional from St Andrews last night to study International Relations starting in September.
Hi does anyone know if there is a facebook group for this?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending