The Student Room Group

Why so few ex-poly students on TSR?

Why so few ex-poly students posting on TSR?

Scroll to see replies

I'm an ex-poly student
I doubt many ex-poly students even know that such a website exists.
Probably too embarrassed to admit it on here.
Original post by Da Di Doo

Notts Trent has a very good law school? Also a few ex-polys offer medicine?
It's because we are seen as less intellectual. Our opinions aren't needed as people who got into higher ranked universities can answer the majority of questions asked.
Original post by Hollywood Hogan
Notts Trent has a very good law school? Also a few ex-polys offer medicine?

It was kind of a joke as everyone on TSR seems to 'look down' on ex polys because of league tables and what not.
It was kind of a joke as everyone on TSR seems to 'look down' on ex polys because of league tables and what not.

But Notts Trent and Oxford Brookes are as good as, say Aberystwyth and Heriot Watt?
they have better things to do than insult ex-poly students
Original post by President Putin
I doubt many ex-poly students even know that such a website exists.

Yea bruh ex poly student reppin

Embarrassed about what?
Original post by Black Cat
Yea bruh ex poly student reppin

You must be the only one, sadly.
(edited 9 years ago)
I know many students stand tough with the course they want to do. So if they got BBB and wanted to do Law, they would rather do it at an ex-poly than just get onto another random course at a better university?
I know many students stand tough with the course they want to do. So if they got BBB and wanted to do Law, they would rather do it at an ex-poly than just get onto another random course at a better university?

It's very common now for students to get into a reputable Russell Group university with BBB grades. I have no idea why they would opt to attend an ex-poly.
It's very common now for students to get into a reputable Russell Group university with BBB grades. I have no idea why they would opt to attend an ex-poly.

BBB is not good enough to do Law at a RG university.
I attend Oxford Brookes for Computer Science, and am very happy with it :smile:
BBB is not good enough to do Law at a RG university.

Every year BBB is accepted through clearing for law. The University of Liverpool did so just a couple of weeks ago.
Original post by Choppie
I attend Oxford Brookes for Computer Science, and am very happy with it :smile:

I bet they help with placements at IBM and Microsoft etc? The one major plus of attending some ex-polys.

YES, I know this is going off topic but I know someone that achieved higher than 3A's at A level and went on to study at an ex poly that asked for 240 ucas points :s-smilie: this completely baffles me
Original post by Crystalz
YES, I know this is going off topic but I know someone that achieved higher than 3A's at A level and went on to study at an ex poly that asked for 240 ucas points :s-smilie: this completely baffles me

That someone must've been a complete and utter idiot.
Every year BBB is accepted through clearing for law. The University of Liverpool did so just a couple of weeks ago.

And what if moving to Liverpool isn't an option? It is kind of out of reach for most people, and not an affluent city.

Quick Reply

Latest