The Student Room Group

How do I get this girl to like me?

Hi everyone!

Sorry if this sounds stupid but there is a girl in my school who I'm trying to get to know. She's highly intelligent and very beautiful, quite unlike myself. The problem is we both do French. It's good because we have at least one thing in common but bad because I'm bad at French and she isn't. Putting aside my looks and how interesting I should try to be, should that stop me? I really would like a relationship with her but I'm worried about having to get to know her first.
Also, should looks matter because I'm not that good looking

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
sounds a lot like the plot to Adrian Mole.
Reply 2
Looks do matter. If she doesn't find you attractive then there's nothing much you can do. Smile at her when you next see her and see how she responds. Hahaa ☺️

So far what has happened between you and her? Do you know anything about her?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Jelly150
Looks do matter. If she doesn't find you attractive then there's nothing much you can do. Smile at her when you next see her and see how she responds. Hahaa ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

First of all, I know she wants to do English at university. I know she has a sister. We do french together. I don't know much more to be honest

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4

Posted from TSR Mobile

Also we managed to have a talk with her about what we want to do in future. But I don't know how to make her laugh. Also how often should I call her?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Archurus23
First of all, I know she wants to do English at university. I know she has a sister. We do french together. I don't know much more to be honest

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you know her name?
Try and sit next to her so you can talk to her more:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
What sparked your interest for this girl?
Is she French herself?
Smartest in the whole year group?
Reply 7
Original post by Maker
sounds a lot like the plot to Adrian Mole.

I'll be sure to check out the book 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by toonervoustotalk
Do you know her name?
Try and sit next to her so you can talk to her more:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What a stupid question. Lol

He has her number...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi everyone!

Sorry if this sounds stupid but there is a girl in my school who I'm trying to get to know. She's highly intelligent and very beautiful, quite unlike myself. The problem is we both do French. It's good because we have at least one thing in common but bad because I'm bad at French and she isn't. Putting aside my looks and how interesting I should try to be, should that stop me? I really would like a relationship with her but I'm worried about having to get to know her first.

You're not in a position to be in a relationship until you improve your self-esteem until you feel you have something to offer people.
Original post by inachigeek21
What sparked your interest for this girl?
Is she French herself?
Smartest in the whole year group?

No she's not French. Well she's nicer to me than most people. Not that they're not nice. It's just that she's a little nicer. That's got me to come out of my shell a bit

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also we managed to have a talk with her about what we want to do in future. But I don't know how to make her laugh. Also how often should I call her?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have no idea how often you should call her, why not text incase it becomes a little awkward? Start a small convo

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi everyone!

STALK HER, STALK HER A LOT, and then she might like you

Posted from TSR Mobile

You wait 3 days before you call a woman because that's how long God wants us to wait
HIMYM quote that is actually true:smile:

I joke you call her when you need help in French or to find out if you got any homework:wink:

You can ask her if she has finished writing her personal statement and if she has got any offers yet and what uni's she wants to go to

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by young akhi

Go away troll

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cole-slaw
You're not in a position to be in a relationship until you improve your self-esteem until you feel you have something to offer people.

I'm working on the confidence bit. I'm just not confident enough to know what to do or what I should consider as a setback. But I can't call myself handsome if that's what you're referring to

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by young akhi

Not helping 😡

Posted from TSR Mobile
What a stupid question. Lol

He has her number...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't read it all sorry

Posted from TSR Mobile