The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

RHUL applicants for 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

What accommodation is everyone hoping for?
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Original post by tim_123

I'm going to apply for Tuke/Butler/Williamson!
Original post by sophiecrook
I'm going to apply for Tuke/Butler/Williamson!
d

Same! Quite pricey but definitely better than the rest
Original post by tim_123

Kingswood here, want to have catered halls for first year, the distance from the main campus i dont really mind
I'm applying for Business Management. I need ABB.
I recently received an offer to study Law at Royal Holloway and it is my first choice. However after more research I found out that it's Royal Holloways first year offering Law. would it be smart to be in the first group of students to study Law a Royal Holloway? Since they haven't established a real ranking yet, would it be too much of a risk? Would it be smarter just to go to City University? Also I applied for an international undergrad scholarship! Do I have a better chance of getting the scholarship since it was specific to Law and there might not be many people applying? Or not?

Thank you
Firmed RHUL today! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MimiUNI
I recently received an offer to study Law at Royal Holloway and it is my first choice. However after more research I found out that it's Royal Holloways first year offering Law. would it be smart to be in the first group of students to study Law a Royal Holloway? Since they haven't established a real ranking yet, would it be too much of a risk? Would it be smarter just to go to City University? Also I applied for an international undergrad scholarship! Do I have a better chance of getting the scholarship since it was specific to Law and there might not be many people applying? Or not?

Thank you

Hi! If you'd like me to be honest, it would be a risk. City Law School knows what it's doing, since I think it's one of the oldest law schools in the country. London would also be a great place to be: RH is very isolated and though the campus is pretty, there's not much to do.
I received two unconditional offers from RHUL. Obviously, I totally happy right now :smile: I was also wondering, if it would be smarter to choose Comparative Literature over Liberal Arts since it is their first year of offering this course.
Does anyone has an advice?

Hey everyone! Theres a group set up for us on FB so I thought I'd share it with you!

Here's the link:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1564577670452234
Hi,
I have already chosen Royal Holloway as my firm choice, with Queen Mary as my insurance. I originally really wanted to go to Uni in London for all the events and social opportunities there. However when I visited Royal Holloway I felt I preferred it much more, that I fitted in and actually liked being away from the center of the city. But now after reading stuff on here I am really starting to doubt my choice. Does anyone know if there is any proper social life at all at Royal Holloway? Do students actually go into London to go out etc.? If anyone could help/ ease my worries it would be much appreciated thank you :s-smilie:
Reply 251
Original post by sophieise
Hi,
I have already chosen Royal Holloway as my firm choice, with Queen Mary as my insurance. I originally really wanted to go to Uni in London for all the events and social opportunities there. However when I visited Royal Holloway I felt I preferred it much more, that I fitted in and actually liked being away from the center of the city. But now after reading stuff on here I am really starting to doubt my choice. Does anyone know if there is any proper social life at all at Royal Holloway? Do students actually go into London to go out etc.? If anyone could help/ ease my worries it would be much appreciated thank you :s-smilie:

Staines is 4 minutes away on the train, and the same train has you in the West End in half an hour. I am also a prospective student, but from what I have heard there is a good deal of nightlife in Staines and Windsor, and the SU bar is pretty good. Having lived a couple of miles from QMUL for over 10 years, I can honestly say that having the option to get away from the city is more than worth the inconvenience of the short train journey required to get back to it!
Firmed for economics Bsc..

gonna try and stay at the fancy place :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Bustamove
Firmed for economics Bsc..

gonna try and stay at the fancy place :smile:

Cool 😊 By fancy place do you mean Founders?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FindingHappiness
Cool ������ By fancy place do you mean Founders?

Posted from TSR Mobile

no, I meant williamson and tuke and something... the new ones with en-suite LOL, sorry I should have specified... Apparently founders looks nice on the outside but it's not good on the inside
Original post by Bustamove
no, I meant williamson and tuke and something... the new ones with en-suite LOL, sorry I should have specified... Apparently founders looks nice on the outside but it's not good on the inside

Yeah I was going to say Founders is communal bathrooms so I wouldn't call it fancy lol 😂 Yeah, I think I am going to try for en suite as well 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 256
I have an interview at RHUL for PhD degree in geology. What kind of question they are asking, I am really worried about it..:biggrin::biggrin:
Firmed RHUL for English (Q300) and am so sure I want to go there, I didn't even put an insurance choice down...........let's hope I get in lol.

Hoping to get into Williamson/Tuke/Butler accommodation (or the other ones the exact same but with different names?). A bit disappointed that accommodation application is no longer first-come-first-serve, since I'm a bit more worried I won't get my first choice now haha
I've seen a couple of people say they are considering doing law at royal holloway but was wondering if anyone had actually firmed royal holloway yet? I made my decision to firm rh a couple of days ago and was hoping to speak to someone who had done the same :smile:
Hi! I'm interested in studying Law at RH myself, what were your predicted grades and what was the offer? Thank you:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending