The Student Room Group

Do you like your motherland ?

I was wondering,how many people actually like their motherland(the place they were born/where they can trace their ancestry to)

I'm Nigerian,despite the numerous problems in the country, I still love it. Heartbreaking to see what's becoming of the country with Boko haram and all.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No, i'm also Nigerian and i do not like Nigeria at all but this could be due to my cynical depressing british personalty. If i was a happy yute and enjoyed normal stuff, i would probably live in Nigeria.

Yeah and the boko haram is ****ing disgraceful, i do hope Government will conquer it.
Original post by O.Ozz
No, i'm also Nigerian and i do not like Nigeria at all but this could be due to my cynical depressing british personalty. If i was a happy yute and enjoyed normal stuff, i would probably live in Nigeria.

Yeah and the boko haram is ****ing disgraceful, i do hope Government will conquer it.

Oh so were you born in Britain then? I moved here when i was 5 but visit Nigeria often enough. Sometimes the country drives me crazy lol

Yeah! Honestly the government is what's bringing the country down. Incompetent leaders who only care about money
Reply 3
mixed feelings about Britain

prefer Europe in general (Germany, France, Italy)

probably just because im british though and we like a good moan
England forever :bawling:
YESSS i love Lebanon. Most beautiful country with the most beautiful people,food,places..

Sadly, there have been many religious and ethnic wars which have destroyed the country over and over. But, we always end up rebuilding it to be more beautiful than ever. Not the most stable country,but i love it all the same haha
Reply 6
Original post by teenhorrorstory
Oh so were you born in Britain then? I moved here when i was 5 but visit Nigeria often enough. Sometimes the country drives me crazy lol

Yeah! Honestly the government is what's bringing the country down. Incompetent leaders who only care about money

I was born in Nigeria and came to uk when i was 11 months. I have visited that country 4 times for the past 10 years and the country (no my relatives) has pissed me off. I just can't deal with the children and the adults there and whenever im there, i'm always angry and fighting people whilst in London, i rarely have to use my voice to get my point across.

I'm not a fan of the country and i questioned my nationally on it. I've told my family i will never go there again.
My mother is half Turkish and half Welsh, and my father is from Trinidad & Tobago.

I don't really identify myself with those countries or like them very much at all, apart from Wales. I see myself as very much British and love my Welsh heritage!
I like England, well the place where I'm currently living, though I hate my culture.
I wish I was Japanese or Korean.
I do love the fascinating culture, the strong spirit of our nation, but our government - meh. They just don't do enough for the common people.. And other countries don't seem to like my motherland at the moment :biggrin:
Original post by itsRochana
YESSS i love Lebanon. Most beautiful country with the most beautiful people,food,places..

Sadly, there have been many religious and ethnic wars which have destroyed the country over and over. But, we always end up rebuilding it to be more beautiful than ever. Not the most stable country,but i love it all the same haha

Lol was curious as to whether you'd mention Ivory Coast :wink: Would you live in Lebanon if you could?

Original post by O.Ozz
I was born in Nigeria and came to uk when i was 11 months. I have visited that country 4 times for the past 10 years and the country (no my relatives) has pissed me off. I just can't deal with the children and the adults there and whenever im there, i'm always angry and fighting people whilst in London, i rarely have to use my voice to get my point across.

I'm not a fan of the country and i questioned my nationally on it. I've told my family i will never go there again.

Haha, fair enough
Original post by SarahLund
My mother is half Turkish and half Welsh, and my father is from Trinidad & Tobago.

I don't really identify myself with those countries or like them very much at all, apart from Wales. I see myself as very much British and love my Welsh heritage!

Ahh,have you visited those other countries much?
What's your favourite thing about Wales?
Original post by inachigeek21
I like England, well the place where I'm currently living, though I hate my culture.
I wish I was Japanese or Korean.

What do you find interesting about Japanese/Korean culture?
Original post by arinagrantaire
I do love the fascinating culture, the strong spirit of our nation, but our government - meh. They just don't do enough for the common people.. And other countries don't seem to like my motherland at the moment :biggrin:

Lol which country?
I wish I was Italian too. Why don't we have dual citizenship thingies. -.-

Lol which country?

Russia :smile:
Lol was curious as to whether you'd mention Ivory Coast :wink: Would you live in Lebanon if you could?

I love Ivory Coast too! Great people and culture

Hmm yeah,maybe a few years. Would have to be Beirut though
I was born in the Philippines and for the most part I like the country. It's a beautiful place.

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE=teenhorrorstory;5124893;)

What do you find interesting about Japanese/Korean culture?

The Japanese and Korean culture is my greatest interest, well after physics and chemistry.
Their culture is utterly fascinating and mesmerizing!
The Korean culture consists of beautiful traditional values, their art is incredible, and their history is captivating. The Korean war and KPop :rolleyes:
The Japanese culture.. May I have to talk about it?
Their culture is a growing fascination for me..
Their history, developments in the Japanese modern world society, art and ANIME & MANGA!!
I cannot even express my approval, it's far too great!
There's more I love about the Korean and Japanese culture.
I hope I clarified this a bit OP.
Original post by RKXY
I wish I was Italian too. Why don't we have dual citizenship thingies. -.-

Yeah I suppose it's really easy to forget your cultural. Its good that you're going back to your roots haha. You can embrace both your cultures
Yeah I suppose it's really easy to forget your cultural. Its good that you're going back to your roots haha. You can embrace both your British and Indian culture

That makes it worse. :frown:
Original post by arinagrantaire
Russia :smile:

Russia seems like a cool country. Thoughts on the whole Ukraine conflict? :smile:
Original post by itsRochana
I love Ivory Coast too! Great people and culture

Hmm yeah,maybe a few years. Would have to be Beirut though

Is Lebanon quite western in comparison to the rest of the Middle East?
Original post by inachigeek21
The Japanese and Korean culture is my greatest interest, well after physics and chemistry.
Their culture is utterly fascinating and mesmerizing!
The Korean culture consists of beautiful traditional values, their art is incredible, and their history is captivating. The Korean war and KPop :rolleyes:
The Japanese culture.. May I have to talk about it?
Their culture is a growing fascination for me..
Their history, developments in the Japanese modern world society, art and ANIME & MANGA!!
I cannot even express my approval, it's far too great!
There's more I love about the Korean and Japanese culture.
I hope I clarified this a bit OP.

You more than clarified it lol! I have a friend who is really interested in Japanese culture too.
Original post by donutaud15
I was born in the Philippines and for the most part I like the country. It's a beautiful place.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Great! Do you visit often?
I have no pride in my heritage

Pakistan isn't a great place besides K2 and some of the scenary

Quick Reply

Latest