The Student Room Group

If the General Election was tomorrow who would you vote for?

Poll

Who would you vote for in a GE tomorrow?

Ignoring my signatures below.

I would vote Conservative.

Comment below!

I messed up the poll so i can't see who voted for what.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Conservatives have nothing to offer. Labour are dumb asfk, Lib Dems won't even exist, UKIP is for morons and who are the others again?
Always Green.
Original post by AlphaNick
conservatives quite simply because they've been in power for 4 years so voting labour would just be like taking a u-turn on the progress that has been made

"Progress"
unemployment, inflation, GDP...

All the important things.
unemployment, inflation, GDP, house prices...

The sooner we stop measuring progress by the state of the economy, the better.
sorry if it isn't pro-science funding or eco friendly but that's the way progress works fundamentally, otherwise in the last century a better way of measuring it would have emerged.

1. Just because something worked in a previous society doesn't mean it'll work in the future. Societies change and so does the meaning of progress.
2. A rising GDP for the next 50 years isn't going to be of a lot of use if it results in an environmental collapse.
Reply 7
Lib Dems for the MP who actually is active in the constituency and actually stuck to his party's promises instead of the Tory who doesn't live in the constituency and I definitely don't want the Tories screwing up the country further.
UKIP.

I am a first generation immigrant as well. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by missfats
UKIP.

I am a first generation immigrant as well. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

How come you're voting for them?
UKIP of course.
Original post by MrDystopia

Let's just say they represent my political views vastly compared to the crap lefties such as the greens and most importantly labour.

the conservatives are my more respectable in my eyes however.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm 90% certain that i shall once again vote Tory in 2015.

As abysmal as their welfare policies have been, they've done a reasonable job with the economy and have made a somewhat good start to health and education reform.

Lib Dems have impressed me quite a lot in government and if i could vote for the coalition over a majority government i probably would (so i'm with Jeremy Browne on that).

Original post by nebelbon
Ignoring my signatures below.

I would vote Conservative.

Comment below!

I messed up the poll so i can't see who voted for what.

A little surprised, i had you pegged as a Ukip loyalist.

Original post by DErasmus
Conservatives have nothing to offer. Labour are dumb asfk, Lib Dems won't even exist, UKIP is for morons and who are the others again?

What are your policy priorities?

unemployment, inflation, GDP, house prices...

Worth a note that they don't control inflation and high house price growth is only good for a minority but one cannot argue with 1.3 million full time private sector jobs and good GDP growth in 2013, 2014 and likely 2015.

Typical far left wing loon making out we are racist, how surprising. I will always vote UKIP yet 90% of my friends are immigrants or non-English. They don't hate me, they still treat me the same. Clearly it is the far left like you who will play the racist card every time we show our support. Too bad for you UKIP is fastest growing party and is on the rise.
I voted lib dem in the European elections as a pseudo-pro-Europe-****-UKIP vote and based on published policy I probably would in the next GE, particularly as Andrew Lansley, architect of the NHS reforms, is my MP, but I must admit my trust in them is not at its highest ebb.
Original post by missfats
Let's just say they represent my political views vastly compared to the crap lefties such as the greens and most importantly labour.

the conservatives are my more respectable in my eyes however.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Labour is without a doubt the worst party that has ever existed in this country. Anyone who votes for them need psychiatric help.

Have you joined the Tories in RL as well?

Original post by Chelsea man
Typical far left wing loon making out we are racist, how surprising. I will always vote UKIP yet 90% of my friends are immigrants or non-English. They don't hate me, they still treat me the same. Clearly it is the far left like you who will play the racist card every time we show our support. Too bad for you UKIP is fastest growing party and is on the rise.

You might notice the more recent 'conservative' on his sig, hardly far left.
If I could vote then I would vote UKIP without a doubt.
Original post by Rakas21

ill probably vote for the libs based on economic policy, theyve had experience in government already and are not as ruthless as the Conservatives. However it's competent PR man Cameron who cares mainly for those at the top, or incompetent Miliband who im not even entirely sure who he cares for. He should go back to sixth form maybe.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Rakas21
I'm 90% certain that i shall once again vote Tory in 2015.

As abysmal as their welfare policies have been, they've done a reasonable job with the economy and have made a somewhat good start to health and education reform.

Lib Dems have impressed me quite a lot in government and if i could vote for the coalition over a majority government i probably would (so i'm with Jeremy Browne on that).

A little surprised, i had you pegged as a Ukip loyalist.

What are your policy priorities?

Worth a note that they don't control inflation and high house price growth is only good for a minority but one cannot argue with 1.3 million full time private sector jobs and good GDP growth in 2013, 2014 and likely 2015.

On here perhaps.

But not RL.

The Party that gets elected in my area always goes on to win the GE.

I want Conservative not Labour.

Quick Reply