The Student Room Group

Russell Group Uni With Btec

Hi

I am applying for university and all the universities that appeal to me are Russell group unis. I am predicted D*D*D* and have B's in both my English and Maths GCSEs - so would I have adequate grades to be given offers by at least one uni to study law?

Leeds
Sheffield
York
Birmingham
Newcastle

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rkhan57
Hi

I am applying for university and all the universities that appeal to me are Russell group unis. I am predicted D*D*D* and have B's in both my English and Maths GCSEs - so would I have adequate grades to be given offers by at least one uni to study law?

Leeds
Sheffield
York
Birmingham
Newcastle

Moved to applications and UCAS for you :hat2:
Each uni specifies what they think of BTEC's and if they are accepted or not. If they are, you're surely going to be looked down upon in comparison to other A-level students doing normal qualifications.
Reply 3
Just an update

Well I applied to all the following universities and have received offers from Birmingham, Leeds, Sheffield and Newcastle to study law. Just waiting on York :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm sure Birmingham don't accept BTEC
Reply 5
Original post by StyleIcon

http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/undergraduate/requirements/index.aspx

my friend got in to study Engineering (not sure which kind)
Reply 6

Well I got an offer with a BTEC so evidently they do :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by rkhan57
Well I got an offer with a BTEC so evidently they do :smile:

Oh congrats! Did you have an Alevel on the side?
Original post by rkhan57
Hi

Leeds
Sheffield
York
Birmingham
Newcastle

Congratulations for getting some offers. May i ask what Btec are you doing? Just curious as i thought to study law you need traditional subjects.
Reply 9
Oh congrats! Did you have an Alevel on the side?

Thank you :smile: No I did not however I did get good grades for my GCSES so I think that contributed.
Reply 10
Original post by German123
Congratulations for getting some offers. May i ask what Btec are you doing? Just curious as i thought to study law you need traditional subjects.

Btec Business Extended Diploma Level 3
Original post by rkhan57
Btec Business Extended Diploma Level 3

Cool:smile:
Law is a VERY academic subject, and it is VERY competitive.

You will need 3 good A levels (A or A* grade) to even be in the running for Law at a RG Uni - because that is what everyone else applying will have.
A BTEC in a weak subject like Business? Not a hope.

You may be able to apply for a Foundation course in Law - but again these may insist on academic A levels as well as a BTEC.
Reply 13
Original post by sydneybridge
Law is a VERY academic subject, and it is VERY competitive.

You will need 3 good A levels (A or A* grade) to even be in the running for Law at a RG Uni - because that is what everyone else applying will have.
A BTEC in a weak subject like Business? Not a hope.

I already have offers from Birmingham, Leeds, Sheffield and Newcastle to study law with my btec business...
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by rkhan57
I already have offers from Birmingham, Leeds, Sheffield and Newcastle to study law with my btec business...

So WHY are you asking?
Reply 15
Original post by sydneybridge
So WHY are you asking?

I asked in OCTOBER and just updated the thread today to let the people on here know.
Original post by borysek01
Each uni specifies what they think of BTEC's and if they are accepted or not. If they are, you're surely going to be looked down upon in comparison to other A-level students doing normal qualifications.

Got anything to back that up?
So much unnecessary BTEC hate :mad:
Original post by rkhan57
I asked in OCTOBER and just updated the thread today to let the people on here know.

I don't even know you but I'm super proud of you. Especially for proving people wrong!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rkhan57
Thank you! A lot of people doubted me but I didn't and proceeded with what felt right. :smile:

It's your life and your choices. Congrats.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest