The Student Room Group
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website

Mental health nursing September 2015

Scroll to see replies

I applied to Staffordshire, Birmingham City and wolverhampton. What about you?
And don't doubt yourself of course they will get back to you ☺️ it might be they haven't sent out emails for adult nursing yet :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website
Original post by Chloesammons
I applied to Staffordshire, Birmingham City and wolverhampton. What about you?
And don't doubt yourself of course they will get back to you ☺️ it might be they haven't sent out emails for adult nursing yet :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awe thank you... I certainly hope so anyway.

I applied for Keele staffs and Derby. I am married with 2 children so my university pool is a bit smaller however we do have two good uni's in Staffordshire which is great

X
Have you heard anything from Derby? And aw I get what you mean, at least there are unis around you it would just be placement travelling :smile:
X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, Everyone i have applied for mental health nursing for 2015. I have applied to Stafford have an interview on the first December, keele interview next Thursday, oxford brookes was last Tuesday i have also applied to BCU and kings college but haven't heard anything :smile: Im waiting to hear from Oxford brookes about the dessision as they make one the same day:biggrin:
Hey Charlie!
Well done for your interviews :smile: how did the interview go last week?
Chloe :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
it was okay i think it was only me and one other girl :L they only have 15 spaces at brookes but it is such a lovely campus :smile: I was asked how to show compassionate care and found it so hard to explain :smile: it was a 40 min interview and keele is only 10 so it was good practice anyway :smile: thanks for asking :smile:
Well done! And wow not many places :smile:. Long and tough interview by the sounds of it, seems like a tough question how did you answer it? :redface: I wonder how many people will be at Keele next week for the interview :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I explained that there is a difference in important to and important for service users and its intelligent kindness at the end of the day it comes down how to people perceive the care they are receiving :smile:

I think there might be about 10 maybe :s-smilie: the girl i was with at oxford had an interview at Manchester and she said there was abut 30 people!

have you been looking at maths and English tests to practice?
I'm sounds a good answer quite a difficult one to answer I'm really nervous for some of the questions Ahhh :smile:

And wow it varies a lot, I hope for group interviews they are small because of getting a chance to say something :smile:

I have been practicing maths so far not my english but I'm spending a night doing that soon so I'm up to scratch :smile: what about you??

Posted from TSR Mobile
the education center at keele isnt huge so there cant be loads of people :s-smilie:

i haven't practiced anything just interview questions really but im quite good at maths so might just have a look at English, i know a few people at keele and apparently they are simple questions based on medication :smile:

I have been struggling to find current issues with mental health nursing though :frown: And ive heard the car park at the hospital always has a Que to get in and out -.-
That is true :smile: but I really struggle with maths so I need to get practising Ahh :smile: I just wonder what type of questions will come up :/ on both maths and English

I'm struggling with issues too I mean there is a lot of stigma around mental health and the shortage of nurses etc. but issues I find difficult and don't quite know what to base it on.

I hope there will be places to park otherwise I'm screwed :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Birmingham city have sample ones on there website :smile:

i will message you one now :smile:

Me too! probably leave an hour early encase i cant find a space :s-smilie:
I have had a little look :smile:

And Thankyou, go for it :smile:

And same I hate being late so I bet there will just be us two there like an hour early 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
i find getting there early im not so nervous by the time the interview happens :smile: we will look keen if anything :smile:
I get what you mean :smile: I can feel settled and comfortable and more at ease instead of rushing in and stressing :smile:
Also the second reference has been an Issue for me I don't work because of school so I've had to get another reference from school, I hope they don't mind they are both from school :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have that same problem, both mine are work as my college toutor left the same time i did , im sure they will be fine with it, i dont think it will have to much influence on your application anyway :smile:
I hope it won't be a problem, I mean they can't expect everyone to have a job or still be in contact with teachers or tutors :/. Such a stress and a worry sometimes :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I had my LJMU interview yesterday, hard to tell how it went as it's my first interview but the tests were fine :smile: also received and interview for Mental health nursing in swansea yesterday x

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's good then :smile: how was the maths were they simple or hard :/?? And well done for the interview at Swansea :smile:! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Chloesammons
That's good then :smile: how was the maths were they simple or hard :/?? And well done for the interview at Swansea :smile:! X

Posted from TSR Mobile

my main worry was the maths test and it was honestly simply!! basic addition, multiplication and division :smile: thank you!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending