The Student Room Group
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website

Mental health nursing September 2015

Scroll to see replies

That doesn't sound too bad for maths cross fingers they will be this easy for me haha and no problem :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website
Hey

I have applied for MH Nursing at Keele, Staffs, Derby and Chester.
I've got an interview for Keele this week and Staffs 1st Dec. I have not heard back from the other two, but Keele and Staffs are my 1st and 2nd choices anyway, so I am not to bothered yet.

A girl I work with is currently doing General Nursing, and she said if you have the relevant experience and a good basic knowledge of the area, you will find the questions easy, as in there are no complicated or trick questions. She said most of it simple if you have experience in a care based area. Also the 6 Cs are useful to know (care, compassion, commitment, communication, courage, competence.) Also they look for personality and passion over a rehearsed speech, which is good for people like me who are working right up until the day of the interviews!

Noticed some of you have the same interview dates as me, so hope to see you there!
Hey! We have two of the same dates :smile: im kind of looking forward to the interview on Thursday I'm just scared I'm going to mess up ah! Plus the maths and English test I'm kind of worried about :/.

Chloe :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi Chloe

How did your interview with Keele go?

xx
Hey Laura :smile:
I think it went okay:smile:
Maths and English were easy, the group interview was quite fun tbf and the one to one was my weakest really.
Have you had any interviews?
Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Chloesammons
Maths and English were easy, the group interview was quite fun tbf and the one to one was my weakest really.
Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why do you think you were weak in the one to one?:O xx
Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Chloe

That's great news what was the maths like? Really worried about that haha and what did u have to do in the group talk?

All sounds good then when do u think you'll know? Fingers crossed for u xx
I don't know I feel the pressure of one to one more, just confidence really. Also the maths was easy there is nothing to worry about :smile:. In the group we were given a scenario we had to discuss it and come up with what we do in the situation, in reality it's just assessing ability to talk to others :smile:
And super scary.. They let you know after Christmas around jan so they an interview a lot more people
And Thankyou! Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't know I feel the pressure of one to one more, just confidence really. Also the maths was easy there is nothing to worry about :smile:. In the group we were given a scenario we had to discuss it and come up with what we do in the situation, in reality it's just assessing ability to talk to others :smile:
And super scary.. They let you know after Christmas around jan so they an interview a lot more people
And Thankyou! Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Chloe

WOW sounds super scary....6 days and counting for me I am so scared though :eek:

Can I ask though what type of maths questions were asked? Going to start my revision now and get some maths skills upto date....its been a while since I have had to do any type of math haha!

xx
Everyone had different questions, basic mathimatical questions like they said on the day you obviously have c or above anway so they are really easy :smile: since keele go on a point system we were told not to mention what happened on the day as we are giving othet a higher chance :smile: but they are easy :smile:
ah rite its top secret information haha well I am just looking at bbc biteside gcse maths to do a bit of revision on it. I didn't get my gcse math 13 years ago but I did get key skills level 2 math in 2008 therefore in theory I do have it in me to revise and know its just not something I use every day....I am a sucker for a calculator haha xx
Original post by laura_burgess
ah rite its top secret information haha well I am just looking at bbc biteside gcse maths to do a bit of revision on it. I didn't get my gcse math 13 years ago but I did get key skills level 2 math in 2008 therefore in theory I do have it in me to revise and know its just not something I use every day....I am a sucker for a calculator haha xx

There isnt a lot of questions bcu have online tests they use if you google nursing interview maths test it should come up they are the same sort of questions :smile:xx
ah thank you appreciate it. I will look at this I might be over thinking it..... worried would be an understatement right now haha x

Have you heard from any of your other choices yet? x
Original post by laura_burgess
ah thank you appreciate it. I will look at this I might be over thinking it..... worried would be an understatement right now haha x

Have you heard from any of your other choices yet? x

The interview is only short, honestly they whole day isnt that bad :smile:

I have an uncondition from oxford brookes and an interview at staffs on the 1st :smile:
Reply 54
Had an interview date for keele :smile: 11th December! Eeek

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 55
What does a lad wear to the interviews?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey k2303 well done for your interview at keele! Where else have you applied for :smile:. And I wore a smart dress and a cardi, belongs as if you look smart it's fine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oops haha I misread it only just read 'lad' sorry k2303 belongs as if you look smart it's all good

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 58
Haha cheers, I'm not really a trousers and shirt type of person so I was thinking of wearing similar to what I wore for my interview at the hospital, black shoes, black skinny jeans and a shirt? I honestly don't know! I've applied for keele and staffs.
Interview at keele on the 11th and staffs is on Monday :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm sure that would be fine :smile: belongs as if you look like you're ready and smart that's all that counts, and same! I have staffs on Monday too, how are you feel about it? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending