The Student Room Group
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website

Mental health nursing September 2015

Is anyone applying for mental health nursing? What prep are you doing for an interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Hi

I am not applying for the mental health nursing but Adult Nursing but thought I would say HEY anyway :smile:

Do you have a assessment day offer? I do on the 2nd of Dec EEEEKKK!!

I was thinking in the next week or so going to start brushing up on my maths and read about current nursing research/Issues so I can show that I am interested and dedicated and I know a little bit of something about the field of nursing.

apart from that I don't know what else to do.....so nervous!!

Anyway hope I have helped a little bit

Laura x
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website
hey Ive applied to swansea, Cardiff, UWE, Manchester and LJMU for mh nursing! I've got my first interview Friday and I've prepared for possible interview questions, some scenario based questions, 2 issues/current affairs within the NHS and MH and researched the nursing and midwifery council just so I know briefly what they do!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wow your super prepared then.... I best do the same.

Good luck for Friday

Laura
I've got all my notes it's just learning them now! dreading the maths test! thank you! where have you applied :smile:?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maths test.....me too!! I haven't done that type of math in like 13 years eek! What have u been practicing maths wise? I am unsure as to what are the likely equations we're expected to know.

I have applied to Keele, staffs and Derby. I am married with 2 kids so narrows my options down somewhat but Keele is a really good school for nursing so I have got everything crossed for them....I have applied through ucas in October but haven't heard anything 😕
Original post by laura_burgess
Maths test.....me too!! I haven't done that type of math in like 13 years eek! What have u been practicing maths wise? I am unsure as to what are the likely equations we're expected to know.

I have applied to Keele, staffs and Derby. I am married with 2 kids so narrows my options down somewhat but Keele is a really good school for nursing so I have got everything crossed for them....I have applied through ucas in October but haven't heard anything 😕

maths wise, well.. in my interview pack for Liverpool they give me a preview maths test and it's so simple, literally questions like 7.9-3.6! but when looking at other uni tests they can be more difficult, my aim leading up to my interview is just practice basic maths like multiplication, division and percentages! I can't imagine it being an more difficult than that? the last time I did anything maths related was over 2 years ago and I have forgotten everything 😂 I'm hoping if I do well in the interview and other tests it'll give me a better shot!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Seriously? That's like 4.3 right?? Now if I get that wrong I should NOT be applying for nursing haha!! I was wondering if I should try to brush up on ml conversions etc

Yes I was thinking basic math too....but who know if I can remember anything 😀

I am sure it will.... and a lot rides on what your personality is like as well.

Are u doing A Level? I am doing the access course doing psychology biology and sociology done ALOT better than I think any of my family/friends thought I would do haha x
Original post by laura_burgess
Seriously? That's like 4.3 right?? Now if I get that wrong I should NOT be applying for nursing haha!! I was wondering if I should try to brush up on ml conversions etc

Yes I was thinking basic math too....but who know if I can remember anything 😀

I am sure it will.... and a lot rides on what your personality is like as well.

Are u doing A Level? I am doing the access course doing psychology biology and sociology done ALOT better than I think any of my family/friends thought I would do haha x

yes spot on! I was thinking about learning conversions because I'm awful at them! im going to see if they do any basic maths lessons on things like BBC bite size, worth a shot! yes I'm in my last year of a levels doing sociology, psychology and forensics! even thought I had a B in gcse maths I have done no work since so I'm back to square one!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Have both of you applied for September 2015? Laura what will your preferred choice be out of the 3 you've applied for? I hope I hear back from keele but still waiting, I've got an interview for staffs on 1st December.

Cheers for the info about how you's are preparing, didn't really have a clue where to start tbh :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by K2303
Have both of you applied for September 2015? Laura what will your preferred choice be out of the 3 you've applied for? I hope I hear back from keele but still waiting, I've got an interview for staffs on 1st December.

Cheers for the info about how you's are preparing, didn't really have a clue where to start tbh :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have....

First choice is Keele with staffs a second. I have my interview 2nd Dec....really worried! Eek!!

Have u applied to Keele as well then? Glad to know if u have and I am not the only one still waiting maybe they haven't made any arrangements to have anyone in for access meet days yet.... fingers crossed. X
Reply 11
Is your interview on the 2nd for staffs?

Yeah I've applied for keele but not heard anything, I finished my college course in June 2013, tried to get as much experience working as I can in preparation for uni.

Keele will defiantly be my first choice if I get an offer because it about 15 minutes from my house and I currently work in uhns which is the partnership hospital for keele so it would work out quite well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have you done the access course as well then? Yes would work out perfect for you if u get a place at Keele.

Bit put off by the distance to placements with staffs but really want to do this course so it's a sacrifice that myself and family are going to have to work around.
Reply 13
No I've not done an access course & I don't fancy the possibility of having to do a placement in Telford/Shrewsbury and living at home & working in newcastle will be hard work.

Where are you doing your access course at?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by K2303

Posted from TSR Mobile

yes I've applied for September 2015 entry also :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
No that's not ideal for me also.... Stoke on trent college.

I do that one long day a week and work 3 days a week and then I volunteer at the Douglas macmillan 1 day a week, two kids, a husband, 2 dogs and a house to run....life is pretty busy! Haha x
Hey :smile: I've applied for mental health nursing too and I've got an interview for staffs on December the first ☺️and I've applied for Keele and I've got an interview next week 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Chloesammons
Hey :smile: I've applied for mental health nursing too and I've got an interview for staffs on December the first ☺️and I've applied for Keele and I've got an interview next week 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Chloe

Congrats and well done. May I just ask when did u apply to Keele? I did on the 15th October but haven't so far heard back - it's adult general though

Thanks

Laura
Hey Laura
Thankyou :smile:. Also I applied around then too I can't remeber the exact date but hear back around 2 weeks later. Hopefully they will get back to you soon, plus mine didn't come through ucas it came through on from the uni to my emails.
Chloe.
Well done that's fab where else did u apply for?

Now I am worried that I am not someone they are interested to know more about how disappointing boo!

X

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending