The Student Room Group

Aston vs Lincoln

Looking for which one I should place as my insurance for psychology

What's the student life like in Lincoln? I know Birmingham has a wide night life, and there's loads to do in the day as it's a massive city, but what about Lincoln?

I love the location of Lincoln, I've never been to Aston, but the size of Lincoln is putting me off. I live in Liverpool, so I'm 100% a city girl, and Lincoln just seemed so tiny. Like if I wanted to go to a concert I'd have to travel to like Sheffield! Silly thing to fret over like

Posted from TSR Mobile
They have bands and stuff playing at the Engine Shed. Plus Nottingham is only half an hour away.

It is a small city, but there does seem to be plenty of bars and clubs and stuff. Obviously it doesn't compare to the nightlife in Liverpool or Brum, but not many places do.

I think its quite often a good idea to go to uni somewhere completely different from where you grew up. Liverpool to Birmingham is much of a muchness.
Reply 2
Original post by cole-slaw
They have bands and stuff playing at the Engine Shed. Plus Nottingham is only half an hour away.

It is a small city, but there does seem to be plenty of bars and clubs and stuff. Obviously it doesn't compare to the nightlife in Liverpool or Brum, but not many places do.

I think its quite often a good idea to go to uni somewhere completely different from where you grew up. Liverpool to Birmingham is much of a muchness.

Wouldn't you think I would be bored? After living in Liverpool then moving to a tiny city like Lincoln

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IAmEchelon
Wouldn't you think I would be bored? After living in Liverpool then moving to a tiny city like Lincoln

I don't know. I don't know what you like doing and how dependent that is on big cities.

Most students spend their time studying, sleeping and drinking in roughly equal ratios, so as long as the city can provide that, they're ok.
Reply 4
Original post by cole-slaw
I don't know. I don't know what you like doing and how dependent that is on big cities.

Most students spend their time studying, sleeping and drinking in roughly equal ratios, so as long as the city can provide that, they're ok.

Do you go to Lincoln/ever been to the city?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IAmEchelon
Do you go to Lincoln/ever been to the city?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've been there quite a bit; if you want a current student's opinion ask in the specific forum.
Reply 6
I'm a first year in Lincoln and I'm also from Liverpool! There's definitely plenty to do, there's a bunch of house parties most nights and club events almost every night. There's events on site too and if you do want to go to a concert Notts is only 50 mins on the train. Also I believe the psych department here has a great reputation..
Reply 7
Original post by KA1995
I'm a first year in Lincoln and I'm also from Liverpool! There's definitely plenty to do, there's a bunch of house parties most nights and club events almost every night. There's events on site too and if you do want to go to a concert Notts is only 50 mins on the train. Also I believe the psych department here has a great reputation..

Is not boring after living in a massive city like Liverpool?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Not for me but I can't say how you'll feel. It's different but I'm personally never bored here.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending