The Student Room Group

Applying as an Engineering Officer in the RAF

Alright, so I have been looking to join the RAF as a regular for a few years now. Only recently it occurred to me to take a look at some of the medical requirements, as fitness wise I am more than fine.

Around 4 years ago I took a fairly bad migraine, and was taken by the school matron to A&E to be checked over. I was kept in for tests and had an MRI and all was fine. I had another 2, and they decided to put me on a preventive tablet. After another 2 they upped the dose again, yet it was still significantly lower than the standard adult dose. 3 years has passed since I had my last one, and I've slowly been taking less until I'm now taking one 0.5 tablet each evening.

Personally, I think they were just linked to changes in my body at the time, as I was only in Year 6/7.

Will this affect my chance to join, bearing in mind I'm now in Year 11 and have been clear for years?

Or should I seek to be taken off the tablets?

Can someone advise me please?

Thank you!
Original post by CplSkippy
Alright, so I have been looking to join the RAF as a regular for a few years now. Only recently it occurred to me to take a look at some of the medical requirements, as fitness wise I am more than fine.

Around 4 years ago I took a fairly bad migraine, and was taken by the school matron to A&E to be checked over. I was kept in for tests and had an MRI and all was fine. I had another 2, and they decided to put me on a preventive tablet. After another 2 they upped the dose again, yet it was still significantly lower than the standard adult dose. 3 years has passed since I had my last one, and I've slowly been taking less until I'm now taking one 0.5 tablet each evening.

Personally, I think they were just linked to changes in my body at the time, as I was only in Year 6/7.

Will this affect my chance to join, bearing in mind I'm now in Year 11 and have been clear for years?

Or should I seek to be taken off the tablets?

Can someone advise me please?

Thank you!

No-one on here can advise you medical requirements as most are on a case-by-case basis just pop into the careers office and ask its their job to help you. If they don't know they will find out.
Reply 2
Thank you! Do you think I could email them maybe?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest