The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Biology 6BI04 8th June 2015 ~ 6BIO5 17th June 2015

Hi everyone,

Thought I would make this thread as there is not one for Edexcel Exam 2015!
Feel free to talk about any aspects of A2 Biology :biggrin:

Here are some notes for Unit 4 and Unit 5 (by the way these not my notes these were uploaded by "the assassin" )
Amazing notes!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
And definitions ... as you will need to know them :wink:
Reply 2
:bump:
Original post by MaryamI
:bump:

Its way too early for a thread for this but anyways good luck to everyone!

A great tip: Don't forget to consult the examiners reports. They are filled with tips and common pitfalls and how to avoid them. They really helped me for this exam :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by RoyalBlue7
Its way too early for a thread for this but anyways good luck to everyone!

A great tip: Don't forget to consult the examiners reports. They are filled with tips and common pitfalls and how to avoid them. They really helped me for this exam :smile:

Thank you.
BUMP!
How're mocks etc. going? :biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by cerlohee
BUMP!
How're mocks etc. going? :biggrin:

Good so far
Have had my mocks back in Oct

We are doing topic 7 now
What about you guys?
Reply 7
Original post by Mary562
Hi everyone,

Thought I would make this thread as there is not one for Edexcel Exam 2015!
Feel free to talk about any aspects of A2 Biology :biggrin:

Here are some notes for Unit 4 and Unit 5 (by the way these not my notes these were uploaded by "the assassin" )
Amazing notes!

These look great. Biology is pretty much sorted then :biggrin:. Anyone done the coursework?
Reply 8
Original post by TajwarC
These look great. Biology is pretty much sorted then :biggrin:. Anyone done the coursework?

Yes indeed.
Nope - I have started but not finished it
What about you?
Reply 9
Original post by Mary562
Yes indeed.
Nope - I have started but not finished it
What about you?

I'm still a little bit confused as to how it even works. We're going on a field trip (£175 I will miss very much, genuinely would not have taken the subject if I knew about this :s-smilie:) to collect data about organisms or something. Are you doing the same? I have a bad feeling that I will flop it as it's on ecology and I hate that stuff with a passion...
Reply 10
Original post by TajwarC
I'm still a little bit confused as to how it even works. We're going on a field trip (£175 I will miss very much, genuinely would not have taken the subject if I knew about this :s-smilie:) to collect data about organisms or something. Are you doing the same? I have a bad feeling that I will flop it as it's on ecology and I hate that stuff with a passion...

:eek: We also went on a field trip but it didn't cost us anything. It was for us to get an idea of what to base our coursework on
Wish you the best with it, just don't stress about it :smile:
My coursework is different, it's to do with memory.
Don't feel that way - You have to first try and motivate yourself to love that topic and that's how you become good at it.
Original post by Mary562
:eek: We also went on a field trip but it didn't cost us anything. It was for us to get an idea of what to base our coursework on
Wish you the best with it, just don't stress about it :smile:
My coursework is different, it's to do with memory.
Don't feel that way - You have to first try and motivate yourself to love that topic and that's how you become good at it.

Thank you :smile: Although finding out that people do it on things other than ecology does really annoy me, I question why my school is so extra sometimes :mad:. How far are you into 6BI05? I always need to ask these kind of questions because my school is strange sometimes when it comes to the order of teaching and how quickly they do it
Reply 12
Original post by TajwarC
Thank you :smile: Although finding out that people do it on things other than ecology does really annoy me, I question why my school is so extra sometimes :mad:. How far are you into 6BI05? I always need to ask these kind of questions because my school is strange sometimes when it comes to the order of teaching and how quickly they do it

You're welcome
Yes some can be like that. We're on the bit about muscles and how they contract (myosin and actin etc)
It's okay feel free to :smile:
Insha'Allah we all get through this because in A2 there is a so much to learn and remember
yaeh i did this course last year and hated but i came out with an A so i can't complain but these are all the resources that i used and i have some books, revision guides and hand written notes if anybody wants them :smile: if anybody wants these contact me you can have them for free just have to pay the delivery charge
Biology Unit 4.pptx
Topic 6 (1).pptx
Topic 7 and 8.pdf
Unit 4 notes.pdf
Unit 5 EEC.ppt
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by That_Clever_Guy
yaeh i did this course last year and hated but i came out with an A so i can't complain but these are all the resources that i used and i have some books, revision guides and hand written notes if anybody wants them :smile: if anybody wants these contact me you can have them for free just have to pay the delivery charge
Biology Unit 4.pptx
Topic 6 (1).pptx
Topic 7 and 8.pdf
Unit 4 notes.pdf
Unit 5 EEC.ppt

Thank you for sharing :smile:
Original post by Mary562
You're welcome
Yes some can be like that. We're on the bit about muscles and how they contract (myosin and actin etc)
It's okay feel free to :smile:
Insha'Allah we all get through this because in A2 there is a so much to learn and remember

Insha'Allah :biggrin:. Although I'm finding A2 easier than AS strangely enough.
Reply 16
Has any one got any coursworks for A2 that they would be willing to share? I am having problems structuring mine and could use a few examples just to get my head around it!
Reply 17
Original post by Steam
Has any one got any coursworks for A2 that they would be willing to share? I am having problems structuring mine and could use a few examples just to get my head around it!

What do you want to do your coursework on? i.e. plants etc
Reply 18
Original post by Mary562
What do you want to do your coursework on? i.e. plants etc

I had planed a blood pressure one but my teacher said now, then I tried a ecology one, again my teacher said no (this time because it was close to a class investigation he had planed for us that we hadn't done yet)
So now I don't know!
Reply 19
Do you guys get the course work assessment criteria sheet? If not I could post that for you, that's what I base my structure around anyway, just follow it and make sure I hit each point.. In terms of mocks ran out of time in Biology so will have lost out on easy marks on the last two questions, Chemistry went well and Maths went pretty turd because my identity knowledge is bad right now..
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply