The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Biology 6BI04 8th June 2015 ~ 6BIO5 17th June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by abbielucy
Wow well done yeah I did the opposite learnt the content my issue is I need to work on my exam technique and understanding what the question actually wants to get the marks.

Thankfully I've finished the coursework but I put so much effort into it I'm hoping to do well so there is slightly less pressure come exam time!

See you're in the ideal position now to ace the exams, because picking up the exam technique really won't take long if you know how to do it. Also you've sorted your coursework which will be the Bane of my life for the next month! Out of interest was your coursework based on 6BI04 or 6BI05? My school did it on ecology but I'm aware some people do theirs on the heart or muscles/neurones from unit 5. I'm looking to get 40+ marks, like you said, less pressure come exam time
Original post by TajwarC
See you're in the ideal position now to ace the exams, because picking up the exam technique really won't take long if you know how to do it. Also you've sorted your coursework which will be the Bane of my life for the next month! Out of interest was your coursework based on 6BI04 or 6BI05? My school did it on ecology but I'm aware some people do theirs on the heart or muscles/neurones from unit 5. I'm looking to get 40+ marks, like you said, less pressure come exam time

We could literally do ours on anything so I didn't really relate mine to anything which was probably very stupid of me! I did mine on how vitamin C inhibits enzymatic browning of freshly cut apples. It had a bit of relevance to enzymes but otherwise it was more to do with my chemistry course which is my preferred subject! In my school people in the same class couldn't do the same topic so some people did theirs on bacteria, some on reaction times, blood pressure, how silver nitrate effects plants and loads of other things. I found my topic quite interesting so it wasn't as bad to write up.
Original post by abbielucy
I'm in the same boat as you I was one mark off a B last year and need to get a B at the end of this year! I prefer the content in A2 and I just started revising earlier so I'm hoping to pick up the marks! I'm also resitting 6BIO2 so hopefully I'll do better this time round :smile:

Yh, I was about 3 UMS of a B and I'm resitting 6BI01 hopefully improving my exam technique and finish of with a solid B, good luck
Yes, please. Could someone post the link to the scientific article? Sadly, my teacher had to leave in the middle of the year. :frown:
And then we can share our hunches about the questions that may arise.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Wannabe007
Yes, please. Could someone post the link to the scientific article? Sadly, my teacher had to leave in the middle of the year. :frown:
And then we can share our hunches about the questions that may arise.

It doesn't get released until Easter time apparently, but when it does I'm sure there will be loads of discussion on what questions will come up :smile:
Is it?
Original post by TajwarC
It doesn't get released until Easter time apparently, but when it does I'm sure there will be loads of discussion on what questions will come up :smile:

Thanks! :smile:
Hey guys here is my BIO4 notes, use it, critique it get back to me if there is anything missing or any mistakes or whatever it is, BIO5 coming soon!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bir2f4p79x3yime/Topic%205.docx?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/glrwyf4svejoigi/Topic%206.docx?dl=0
Original post by Mary562
Hi everyone,

Thought I would make this thread as there is not one for Edexcel Exam 2015!
Feel free to talk about any aspects of A2 Biology :biggrin:

Here are some notes for Unit 4 and Unit 5 (by the way these not my notes these were uploaded by "the assassin" )
Amazing notes!

These are some damn good notes, s/o to the assassin. Wondering whether you have any of assassins BIO2 notes. They would be extremely helpful and would help me bump up my BIO2 grade from B to A
its a good thread but it would have been better to split the unit 4 and unit 5 threads.
Reply 70
Original post by ForeverRed96
Hey guys here is my BIO4 notes, use it, critique it get back to me if there is anything missing or any mistakes or whatever it is, BIO5 coming soon!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bir2f4p79x3yime/Topic%205.docx?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/glrwyf4svejoigi/Topic%206.docx?dl=0

Thanks for sharing!
Reply 71
The notes are brilliant thanks so much to who ever sent them. Apparently the pre release is out today? If anyone finds it can you please post it on this thread so we can start discussing!?
Reply 72
Original post by Mary562
:bump:

Hi Mary,im sorry to barge in this convo like this,but ive been trying to ask a question or something but i wasnt being able to so im gonna have to ask something here :\ im just confused about the late registration fee..like,i missed my normal registration time because i couldnt figure out whether i should give one last unit or not..i want to give IAL biology unit 4 as a repeat to up my grade a bit and i was wondering frantically that what is the late registration fee for one unit only :\ please please please if you could help me id be so so so grateful :\ i dont know where else to ask :\ ive been searching the british council site to clear the confusion but i just couldnt get it..
Original post by Acer123
The notes are brilliant thanks so much to who ever sent them. Apparently the pre release is out today? If anyone finds it can you please post it on this thread so we can start discussing!?

link is here but its locked http://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/edexcel-international-advanced-levels/biology.coursematerials.html#filterQuery=category:Pearson-UK:Category%2FTeaching-and-learning-materials&filterQuery=category:Pearson-UK:biggrin:ocument-Type%2FScientific-article

if anyone has an edexcel username and pass pls help us out
Does anyone think learning the CGP book is enough to get an A at A2, and of course doing past papers.
Original post by Paras Agarwal
i cannot stress this. You're a top lad. I do what you do and i know its enough to get the A or A*

Original post by ForeverRed96
Download that SA 2015 pronto becuase I'm taking it down in 48hrs

lol thanks
Reply 77
Can someone tell me if there have been any changes to the spec since last year, or is it still the same? Also does anyone have the June 2014 papers for all units - 1,2,4 & 5
Original post by MATTTT
Can someone tell me if there have been any changes to the spec since last year, or is it still the same? Also does anyone have the June 2014 papers for all units - 1,2,4 & 5

It's the same and here http://56leomessiphotoshop.blogspot.co.uk/p/edexcel-level-past-papers-and-mark.html
:smile:
The article is soooo weird guys. I think the article is mainly focused on brain, neurotransmitter, animals, and topic 8 stuff. What do you think?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending