The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Biology 6BI04 8th June 2015 ~ 6BIO5 17th June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jacksgap
The article is soooo weird guys. I think the article is mainly focused on brain, neurotransmitter, animals, and topic 8 stuff. What do you think?

Is this for the pre-release?
Reply 81
Yeah the pre release article sucks, it all about mice and decompostion a lot of unit 4 - topic 6 stuff :frown:
Original post by lizmoo0721
Is this for the pre-release?

Yeah:smile:
Original post by Jacksgap
Yeah:smile:

ohhhh! Could you link please :smile:
Reply 84
Is the UK Scientific article titled "Fearless Mice and Insect Zombies" or is this the international one?
UK one.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 87
Has anyone seen the international one yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aersh8
Has anyone seen the international one yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

There is a link on p4. Your teacher will be able to access it and make it available to you.
Reply 89
Does anyone have a link for the unit 5 scientific article? One that is not locked?
Original post by Miffyy
Does anyone have a link for the unit 5 scientific article? One that is not locked?

Your teacher should be able to get it for you. Don't worry, there is plenty of time.
Reply 91
What exactly do we have to do with the article? Looking over the past papers, the questions based on it seem to be simply from the syllabus plus maybe a bit of reading you could do in the exam room...
Do we just read it then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aersh8
What exactly do we have to do with the article? Looking over the past papers, the questions based on it seem to be simply from the syllabus plus maybe a bit of reading you could do in the exam room...
Do we just read it then?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I agree. My teacher's suggested that people that may have struggled with certain topics at AS can look over them in preparation for the exam, especially people who struggle with synoptic questions.
It doesn't seem as impossible as it was described to me though??
Reply 93
Original post by cerlohee
Yeah I agree. My teacher's suggested that people that may have struggled with certain topics at AS can look over them in preparation for the exam, especially people who struggle with synoptic questions.
It doesn't seem as impossible as it was described to me though??

Thing is that my teacher has not even mentioned the article yet, so all I know is from looking at past papers!

It does seem to be plain old synopsis with maybe extracting bits of info from specified paragraphs - I thought they would want further research into the material presented, but it doesn't seem like it. Luckily I guess the international article is on drugs and sport which is a unit 5 topic anyway, so won't require a lot if any extra revision in preparation for the unit 5 paper

Hopefully my teacher adds some clarity to the situation when he presents it to us :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aersh8
Do we just read it then?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can supposedly predict what questions will come up by reading it before hand (I think I discussed this somewhere earlier on this thread). I guess you could look through past questions on the SA and find common themes, then reword them to suit the current SA

Funny thing is my teacher didn't even know about it until I asked him about it haha
Sitting this exam externally. If anyone finds the article available without a password or has notes/questions prepared, please kindly share.
Has anyone got a link where i could possibly download the pre release material. My teacher claims it hasn't been released however my friend from another school already has it !
Teachers just being a poop really.
Tell him it is on the Pearson website. Or go to your exams officer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending