The Student Room Group

How old are you, where do you work and how much do you get paid?

Scroll to see replies

17 - two tutoring-ish jobs, one is 7.50ph the other is 4.50ph only do 8hours in total. Hoping to get a new job with sainsbury pays 5.58ph initially but I turn 18 in a few weeks so would bump up to 7.27ph

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well, I'm 20, and I'm a Seasonal colleague at ASDA Living Peterborough, since going to university, which is quite cool, but I'm currently on a "career break" (until June) while I study in America. I worked a solid 28+ hours a week in my gap year and when I get back from university during the holidays.

It used to be £6.68, but apparently the wage rose....to what I cannot honestly say. (Something like £6.76 now...)

Original post by DIN-NARYU-FARORE
For the past commentators and the future commentators

why if youre earning over 20k in a secure-ish why are you still on this site? you are no longer a desperate student who needs assistance. move on

Maybe those 20-somethings have learned a few things from other people and want to pass on their knowledge to future students?
23, engineering and electronic company, in the mid £20s k per year
18 years old , Royal mail £9 a hourly and Sunday £15
Is it just me who feels too self conscious to post? :blush:
Reply 45
why is it that in threads like this everyone always makes either <20k or some unbelievable figure? noone in the 25-40 type area? Odd.

Regardless; same challenge to all you supposedly self-made millionaires claiming £100 an hour - post us a pay slip or P60.
Only work during the summer but..

Cambridge English Language Assessment, just under £10/hour.
Original post by Hal.E.Lujah
Is it just me who feels too self conscious to post? :blush:

Your not alone
17, McDonald's, £4,46/hr

I got an 11p pay raise about three weeks ago. I typically do an 8hr shift on Saturdays from 8-4. Get free food in my break :colone:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by lozasaurus99

Yeah, American shop.
19, Specsavers, £6.31/hour
Reply 51
Original post by FriendlyRough
For I am 18 and earn £45,000 a year within a respectable and high class retailer.

helping out for an hour in your parents corner shop for £20 one time does not equate to a £45k salary
Reply 52
Original post by Le Nombre
Yeah, American shop.

Did they burn your soul after taking it?
(edited 9 years ago)
Working is for plebs

22 - unemployed @ uni living off daddy's ATM
£8.78 p/h
Medical Records Scanning
London
Reply 55
Age 19. 7.34 for week days, 7.84 for weekends.
I usually earn between 740 to 800 a month.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Reue
why is it that in threads like this everyone always makes either <20k or some unbelievable figure? noone in the 25-40 type area? Odd.

Regardless; same challenge to all you supposedly self-made millionaires claiming £100 an hour - post us a pay slip or P60.

I'm in that area.

I was cool and said mid 20s though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
can i get paid for work, i am aged 15. Is it legal for m to work?
Original post by samsun12345
can i get paid for work, i am aged 15. Is it legal for m to work?

Yes. I'm 15 and I work.

Posted from TSR Mobile
18, Co-op at £6.57/hour :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending