The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Sounds like an urban myth to me. I wouldn't know though.
Rollocks.
Reply 3
cells dont make a ringing noise when they die...
Reply 4
Must be *******s...or else you wouldn't be able to hear things most people can...
Reply 5
Well there it is somewhat true, but rather misleadingly put.

Inside your ear are thousands of tiny hairs which vibrate when hit by sound waves. Receptor cells at the base of each hair send signals to the brain in response to these vibrations and the signals are interpreted by the brain as sound. If you expose your ears to too much loud noise the receptor cells can be damaged. Once damaged they cannot be regrown and therefore you develop deafness to some frequencies. You do not develop deafness at the frequency your ears were ringing at. The extreme high and low frequencies are the first to go which limits the range which you can hear in.

The hair cells being damaged, destroyed or bent are a few of many causes of tinnitus (ear ringing). However there are about 20 other things which cause it as well, so it doesn't mean you are listening to the cells in your ear dying or anything. Ringing can indicate damage has been done to your hearing or it could equally indicate that you have an ear infection, high blood pressure or a build-up of earwax.
Reply 6
so its cac then
Reply 7
FlyingIsis
so its cac then

Aye, tis a pile of lies... Just a Myth..

Believe that, you'd believe anything.. :p:
sahsum
I went to see Children of Men last night.

what a rubbish film though.......
I'd say it's more worrying when you get that same sensation when your ears have just flooded with water whilst walking around normally. My ears ring all the time because I go from listening to music to just listening to nature, yet I have pretty damn good hearing.

Latest

Trending

Trending