The Student Room Group
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Northumbria /Teeside Adult Nursing Applicants 2015 entry.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I feel your pain, I was in the same boat last year x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Reply 61
Original post by EbonyR
Tbh it put me off in the interview! I was trying tone friendly etc & they were just straight faced or the other woman had a constant fake smile on her face like Barney. There was no group tasks no. Thankfully! :smile:

They asked things like; being a nurse you will meet all kinds of people with different ideas, beliefs, values etc to you and other people. How would you manage this and what are you thoughts.
Another was something along the lines of how can you involve the patient and family etc regarding you caring for them.

They have a pre-made list of 6 questions each & they pick and choose which ones they ask. I had to ask so many times for them to repeat the questions because of the way they were worded I've never felt so dumb haha

Hello EbonyR. in the English test what scenarios were you given?
Reply 62
Original post by Meandyou
Hello EbonyR. in the English test what scenarios were you given?

Hey :smile: I can't remember exactly but the first scenario was: a male patient is being verbally abusive towards members of the nursing team and other patients can hear. What would you do? What are the main issues? (There was another Q but can't remember)
Another scenario was: a mother with a young child (boy) are waiting at a waiting room when the mother starts becoming abusive/hostile towards the receptionist claiming she is being 'nasty' (not the word used! Lol) to her son. What possible reasons could the mother have for acting this way? What would you do?
Another was: what main qualities of a nurse do you have? Why do you consider these the main qualities?

There was another scenario/question but I can't remember - sorry!
Reply 63
Original post by EbonyR
Hey :smile: I can't remember exactly but the first scenario was: a male patient is being verbally abusive towards members of the nursing team and other patients can hear. What would you do? What are the main issues? (There was another Q but can't remember)
Another scenario was: a mother with a young child (boy) are waiting at a waiting room when the mother starts becoming abusive/hostile towards the receptionist claiming she is being 'nasty' (not the word used! Lol) to her son. What possible reasons could the mother have for acting this way? What would you do?
Another was: what main qualities of a nurse do you have? Why do you consider these the main qualities?

There was another scenario/question but I can't remember - sorry!

Thanks a lot :smile: Finger crossed for you.
Original post by justfergs
Got my interview today for Northumbria via email - 8th December! Time to start prepping I think haha

I got an interview today for Northumbria on the 8th too!!!! See you there!
Original post by against the wind
I got an interview today for Northumbria on the 8th too!!!! See you there!

Congratulations on your interview! Can I ask how long your application was in before you got your invite for the interview from northumbria? :smile:
I sent my ucas form in October but it seems to be random order when things get sent out after that!
Haven't heard of any U's going out from northumbria yet either.
Original post by against the wind
I sent my ucas form in October but it seems to be random order when things get sent out after that!
Haven't heard of any U's going out from northumbria yet either.

Ah I see Good luck for it anyway! :smile: Mine was only sent on the 22nd and I'm still frantically checking my emails all day haha
Original post by betty-boo
Ah I see Good luck for it anyway! :smile: Mine was only sent on the 22nd and I'm still frantically checking my emails all day haha

I submitted on 22nd too, and I'm also frantically checking emails and panicking x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MrsBrown
I submitted on 22nd too, and I'm also frantically checking emails and panicking x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you heard from any yet? I got a reply on the Monday for Cumbria for interview which I'm over the moon about but I'll not be too happy until I get northumbria that's where I want to go :smile:!! X
Have you heard from any yet? I got a reply on the Monday for Cumbria for interview which I'm over the moon about but I'll not be too happy until I get northumbria that's where I want to go :smile:!! X

I have an interview for Teeside in December. I only applied for Teeside and Northumbria as I have children, it's Northumbria I really want though as even Teeside is a bit far x
Mine is also 10th at 8:45... Has anyone heard from Northumbria yet?

I heard back on Saturday and have an interview tomorrow! I applied over a month ago. How are you getting on with your application x
Original post by SMyorkshire
I heard back on Saturday and have an interview tomorrow! I applied over a month ago. How are you getting on with your application x

Good luck for tomorrow
I submitted my application 22nd October... worried now that people are saying they have interviews 😕
Reply 73
Maybe you should call the uni?

I applied to Teesside last year but my application wasn't processed properly.

I applied and hadn't heard anything back after a couple of months so I rang the uni to double-check they had received my application. My application had been printed off but had gotten lost so admissions reviewed it there and then. They offered me the last place on the last day of interviewing. Had two days to prepare for the selection panel but got told that it was either take this shot or apply again next year.
Original post by Urdan360
Maybe you should call the uni?

I applied to Teesside last year but my application wasn't processed properly.

I applied and hadn't heard anything back after a couple of months so I rang the uni to double-check they had received my application. My application had been printed off but had gotten lost so admissions reviewed it there and then. They offered me the last place on the last day of interviewing. Had two days to prepare for the selection panel but got told that it was either take this shot or apply again next year.

Oh no... did you get in?
Might give that a try.

Posted from TSR Mobile
People that have interviews with Northumbria, did you also receive a welcome email when you first applied?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have an interview for Teeside in December. I only applied for Teeside and Northumbria as I have children, it's Northumbria I really want though as even Teeside is a bit far x

Hi, when's your interview for teeside? :smile: ive just got mine through for the 12th December X
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi, when's your interview for teeside? :smile: ive just got mine through for the 12th December X

Great ☺mine is 10th December x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Great ☺mine is 10th December x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah great let me know how it goes! And the types of things they ask you :smile: X

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending