The Student Room Group

Retaking Gcse

English is not my first language but for GCSE English I got D very close to C. the university I have apply this year wants me to get C in English I just want to know where should I retake my English to aim and get C.

Thank you
Original post by ghasemi
English is not my first language but for GCSE English I got D very close to C. the university I have apply this year wants me to get C in English I just want to know where should I retake my English to aim and get C.

Thank you

Moved to the GCSE forum :biggrin:
Original post by ghasemi

Thank you

Aren't you meant to be resitting them alongside the course(s) that you're doing?

If not then I suppose you do it as a private candidate like many people seem to. :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by ghasemi

You have missed the chance to re-sit it next week so it will have to be in the summer. Ask your current college if you can re-sit there. If they won't let you then you need to find somewhere that will accept you as a private candidate. The entry deadline is 21 Feb. You are allowed to carry forward the controlled assessment/coursework which you will have to do if you enter as a private candidate.

Quick Reply