The Student Room Group

CV for masters

The course I'm applying to requires me to submit CV, statement of purpose and university transcript.

As my transcript already contains all my marks, should I mention them in my CV or should I just mention what course I do , where, and my average so far?

Thanks
Reply 1
I found that there was a lot of repetition in my Masters application. Just submit a standard CV, with all the details that you would include for a job - even if they're stated in other parts of the application. All you need to do is tailor the CV to academia and your course topic wherever possible.
Original post by Lupacante
The course I'm applying to requires me to submit CV, statement of purpose and university transcript.

As my transcript already contains all my marks, should I mention them in my CV or should I just mention what course I do , where, and my average so far?

Thanks

I highlighted my best module marks at the top of my CV
They may not want to read your other documents but only your CV first.
I personally don't include marks in my CV. I list the degree, and that's it. And maybe the subject of your thesis (if your previous degree required a thesis). And maybe awards if you got some.

For master's application, I used the exact same CV I used for jobs, so it's mostly just job experiences, and mentioning that I already had a degree.
Original post by ihavemooedtoday
For master's application, I used the exact same CV I used for jobs, so it's mostly just job experiences, and mentioning that I already had a degree.

Exactly that.
Reply 6
I haven't even finished my degree, I've only done level 1 and level 2. So I think I'll just list my level 2 grades and mention that I got an award for them, just in case they otherwise wouldn't go beyond my cv.

Thanks to all of you for your helpful replies!
I think it's common practice to include your overall classification actually, but I don't think it's necessary.
I had the same idea about my transcript already including modules - you don't need to list every one unless they explicitly request it (e.g. one of my apps for UCL does). You can list your classification and average, as well as highlight good performance. e.g. 'First (70%). 80% on module in blah.'

For my CV, I have my first and second year averages and the equivalent classification.
I think you should put every thing you have done in your CV as they asked for your CV .
All the best :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest