The Student Room Group

Am I at risk of getting Glandular Fever?

My sister is at college, and she recently got Glandular fever. My family and I have seen her over the last week several times, and I might have had close body contact with her. Am I at risk of getting Glandular fever?
Original post by Anonymous
My sister is at college, and she recently got Glandular fever. My family and I have seen her over the last week several times, and I might have had close body contact with her. Am I at risk of getting Glandular fever?

Unless your immune system is low at the moment, it's doubtful.
Reply 2
It's unlikely, unless you've managed to be in direct contact with your sister's saliva. Glandular fever, typically, is spread through kissing (but you could probably get it if she sneezed right in your face or if you've been sharing cutlery/cups/mugs without washing them first). I had glandular fever earlier this year, not entirely sure how I even caught it in the first place. Most people have already had the virus when they're very young and it just comes out as a cold rather than full blown glandular fever, and it rarely strikes a second time. So the likelihood is you'll be fine!
Original post by Anonymous

Highly unlikely. One of my friends who I live with had it (sharing cultery, bathroom, kitchen, living area) and I never got it.

Quick Reply

Latest