The Student Room Group

2015 gcse exams

I know its a bit early but can you give me the best tips on how to get A stars for science and maths and can someone please share their revision timetable for their GCSE
Reply 1
It's never too early to start learning how to get those A*s, first, ask your teacher where they feel you stand in Maths and Science in terms of greades, and learn which exam boards you will be using. After you know this, start revising for all your science mocks and maths mocks, and frequently go over your notes and work. Nearer to exam time, start doing many past papers to know how the exam will be like. I'll be forming my GCSE revision timetable later on this year, but I do not recommend full revision now, it'll cause a burnout.
Original post by Adejinmi
I know its a bit early but can you give me the best tips on how to get A stars for science and maths and can someone please share their revision timetable for their GCSE

Personally all of those courses you mentioned I used videos.. They explain it much more in depth than what BBC Bitesize does.. I can't believe they still recommend that crap.

Here's a few notable places that're worth checking out!
MathsWatch
KhanAcademy

Ohh and a good classic is Youtube. Sometimes people can create a good series of videos on there.. Just search up the course/topic and the level (GCSE) and you'll get hundreds of results pop up. You ideally want to be looking for playlists! :smile:

Given that the entirety of my revision was done using videos I would usually watch a/some video(s) on one topic then I'd do questions related to that topic. I also done it in small chunks of about 30 minutes each.. I wouldn't usually revise until I've had dinner. It gave me a bit of energy so it was good! In total each day I'd spend about 2-3 hours revising since I could cover at least 1 topic from all of the subjects :smile:

Good luck!!!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
Thanks a lot guys
Reply 4
Thanks a lot guys

Top tip: Don't just give the answer but show your working as well whether thats a calculation or how you got to a certain viewpoint by looking at both sides of an argument.

You will be surprised how many marks are lost because people just put in the answer as opposed to showing their working as well. It's great that you got the right answer and you may think its easy enough to do in your head but if that question is worth a few marks then its going to be wanting more than just the answer in the box.
Reply 5
I've been preparing a GCSE megaguide for a few weeks now, it should be alright to go online in a few days.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Krollo
I've been preparing a GCSE megaguide for a few weeks now, it should be alright to go online in a few days.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good for you! That sounds awesome!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7

I'd thoroughly recommend mygcsescience on Youtube. It's for AQA but can probably be used for most exam boards, helped me to get an A*.
As for maths, past papers. Helped me LOADS

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by AlphaMolecule
I didn't have a timetable because you'll end up focusing on stuff which doesn't need attention, or at the wrong time. Revise what you logically feel is right to revise... and do it in plenty of time.

Yea, that's what I did and it worked for me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9

my-gcsescience will save your life. A good combination of the wonderful man's videos and your revision guides will be enough to get you 3 A*s in Science(if you're doing triple science).
Reply 10
Original post by Azzer11
my-gcsescience will save your life. A good combination of the wonderful man's videos and your revision guides will be enough to get you 3 A*s in Science(if you're doing triple science).

Only reason I got an A* last year!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest