The Student Room Group

Flirting with a girl in the friendzone

How do you flirt with a girl who you are acquaintaince/friends with? I'm not close close friends with her - we used to IM each other at work and she invited me to her party. At said party, she put her arm through mine as if we were a couple. I wish I could have been in her social circle, but I worked abroad for a year and then moved to London to start a year after she did. With my luck, when i met her, she was about to move abroad!

She now lives across the pond and I have her work email, personal email and whatsapp number. Before she left, she fished for information on whether I was dating anyone.

I understand that now she lives abroad, that texting to meet can't really be the objective, so how do you text her and get her laughing and get flirty?

I don't just think about her sexually - I genuinely value her friendship. She kept me company during a difficult time at work, and I think she appreciated me doing the same for her over IM when she was lonely after moving.

Thing is I do fancy her a little bit and may have dreamed about her occasionally. I would just like to be part of her life. At least to stay friends. She didn't really respond to emails as well as IM, and it seemed harder to generate a conversation. But she has responded to my texts. Although initiation on her part has been absent so far. (She used to initiate nearly all IM convos)

Should I text to wish her well on the weekend/halloween/new years? I usually do as some part of me enjoys making her day brighter.

Girls what do you think? Guys, advice? I do find her attractive, and yes I have fantasised about her.

Constructive advice pls, not just "friendzoned brah"

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Do girls like weekend texts?

Do girls like a guy asking how she is?

What do girls like a guy to send her? What would they like as a conversation starter?

When do girls initiate?
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Do girls like weekend texts?

Do girls like a guy asking how she is?

What do girls like a guy to send her? What would they like as a conversation starter?

When do girls initiate?

Also how often to initiate?

Do girls like messages on special occasions?
Reply 3
Also how often to initiate?

Do girls like messages on special occasions?

What's the first text a girl likes to receive?
Reply 4
What's the first text a girl likes to receive?

honestly, if you have feelings for her and want to talk to her, just start off by saying HI!! this simple two letter word can work wonders believe me. ask her how she's doing, how she's finding things abroad, if she's settling in well. Personally, as a girl, i like it when a guy seems like he cares. Also, when talking to her, dont push yourself further into the friendzone, ask her if shes in a relationship, and if she isn't then this is your time to shine! It souds like she likes you already, so just make it clear that you like her. The only way to get out of the friendzone is to act like you were never in it. tease her, make jokes about being in a relationship with her. If youre willing to be in a long distance relationship then give it a go. i really hope this helped!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by kokopop
honestly, if you have feelings for her and want to talk to her, just start off by saying HI!! this simple two letter word can work wonders believe me. ask her how she's doing, how she's finding things abroad, if she's settling in well. Personally, as a girl, i like it when a guy seems like he cares. Also, when talking to her, dont push yourself further into the friendzone, ask her if shes in a relationship, and if she isn't then this is your time to shine! It souds like she likes you already, so just make it clear that you like her. The only way to get out of the friendzone is to act like you were never in it. tease her, make jokes about being in a relationship with her. If youre willing to be in a long distance relationship then give it a go. i really hope this helped!

Thanks for this, appreciate it!

I see your point, Hi seems best! Tbh, I seem to have had the best conversation with her, when I've done that and when I was busy, didn't manage to respond to her message and she messaged me again! Do you think she likes me?

I agree about the friendzone. I do keep teasing her. I'm not sure long distance would work, but something about her I find attractive and fun. I just find I'm nervous because I really like talking to her and don't want to sound silly. I guess just do it, applies here rather than dreading hitting send.

What do you reckon for halloween? Can I wish her? See how she's doing?

Thanks so much
Reply 6
Original post by kokopop

Appreciate this so much, thanks. Was wondering if there is any flirty jargon that girls like after the hi text. How to keep the conversation energetic (so it keeps going) and fun/flirty? Should I use a nickname? Should I wish her a naughty halloween? I always like to respond to what she says, but am worried as being too friendly. Once she said "I am the sweetest." meaning?
Reply 7
need a flirty halloween text?!!!
need a flirty halloween text?!!!

you: I know what you can be for halloween

her: lol what?

you: mine:wink:
Reply 9
Original post by snitching kermit

Hahahaha I like this one! I might use this... would it work for a girl abroad though?

Got any other golden lines/witty texts? You seem to be very good at this!
Hahahaha I like this one! I might use this... would it work for a girl abroad though?

Got any other golden lines/witty texts? You seem to be very good at this!

you: trick or treat:wink:

her: *doesn't matter what she replies*

you: send dink pics
you: trick or treat:wink:

her: *doesn't matter what she replies*

you: send dink pics

Come on dude, I meant a flirty text like your first one. That was gold.

I'm trying to be nice to this girl!
Come on dude, I meant a flirty text like your first one. That was gold.

I'm trying to be nice to this girl!

that is gold.

it would definitely work if you had the confidence to pull it off. if not, play on the whole trick or treat thing. it would drive her mad if you kept her waiting for her treat.
that is gold.

it would definitely work if you had the confidence to pull it off. if not, play on the whole trick or treat thing. it would drive her mad if you kept her waiting for her treat.

But what treat could I give? No obscenities I mean

Is there anything sweet/flirty/fun she might like?
Original post by kokopop

I agree. I guess hi is the best route! During the week or weekend or what?

Thing is I find that sometimes she seems well into talking to me and waits for me to respond. But unlike other girls, who it seems to naturally flow, she just seems to want me to validate or listen to her story then leaves me hanging. She used to initiate on IM all the time. But texting, she hardly initiates. (but does respond, and then leaves me hanging)

I have tried to let her be the last one to respond, but am just wondering how to kickstart the texting and get her to want to text me and wait for me to respond.

that is gold.

How to turn it on its head and get her wanting me and waiting for me to respond? How to get her to initiate most of the time?
Don't look into the linking arms thing too much, I'll do that with almost anyone who lets me :colondollar:

Nothing wrong with a bit of flirting if you fancy her, just try and be natural and don't force it. If she's not interested then hopefully you'll get the message.
Original post by Maid Marian
Don't look into the linking arms thing too much, I'll do that with almost anyone who lets me :colondollar:

Nothing wrong with a bit of flirting if you fancy her, just try and be natural and don't force it. If she's not interested then hopefully you'll get the message.

Okay, it felt good when she linked arms, but I felt nervous and sort of put her arm down again for some reason sigh..

How to know if she is interested back?

Could you read my OP? What do you think about this girl?

Original post by AlphaMolecule
friendzone doesn't exist, its just a term used when the person doesn't want to just admit that they don't like you

Okay, I mean I just used the term, but what do you make of my OP?

What do you think about this girl? Advice?
Reply 17
Appreciate this so much, thanks. Was wondering if there is any flirty jargon that girls like after the hi text. How to keep the conversation energetic (so it keeps going) and fun/flirty? Should I use a nickname? Should I wish her a naughty halloween? I always like to respond to what she says, but am worried as being too friendly. Once she said "I am the sweetest." meaning?

happy to help! sorry i got back to you so late now that halloween has passed :frown:
but in response to your other question...if you are to use a nickname make it a really flrty one, im not sure what type of girl she is but i personally like being called cute and flirty nicknames, and i dont think theres any flirty jargon to say after hi, just always ask how she is and how her day was because as i said us girls lovee it when a guy is caring.. send her sweet messages when she's ill also she would love this
How do you flirt with a girl who you are acquaintaince/friends with? I'm not close close friends with her - we used to IM each other at work and she invited me to her party. At said party, she put her arm through mine as if we were a couple. I wish I could have been in her social circle, but I worked abroad for a year and then moved to London to start a year after she did. With my luck, when i met her, she was about to move abroad!

She now lives across the pond and I have her work email, personal email and whatsapp number. Before she left, she fished for information on whether I was dating anyone.

I understand that now she lives abroad, that texting to meet can't really be the objective, so how do you text her and get her laughing and get flirty?

I don't just think about her sexually - I genuinely value her friendship. She kept me company during a difficult time at work, and I think she appreciated me doing the same for her over IM when she was lonely after moving.

Thing is I do fancy her a little bit and may have dreamed about her occasionally. I would just like to be part of her life. At least to stay friends. She didn't really respond to emails as well as IM, and it seemed harder to generate a conversation. But she has responded to my texts. Although initiation on her part has been absent so far. (She used to initiate nearly all IM convos)

Should I text to wish her well on the weekend/halloween/new years? I usually do as some part of me enjoys making her day brighter.

Girls what do you think? Guys, advice? I do find her attractive, and yes I have fantasised about her.

Constructive advice pls, not just "friendzoned brah"

As you are not going to be able to meet up with her, I'm not sure what exactly you hope to achieve?

You're not going to get into a relationship long distance.

Lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending