The Student Room Group

UKIP drug policy.

What is it? :s-smilie:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

UKIP seem to be lenient on anything other than immigration policy, because that's the only way they're gonna get votes from anyone other than racists and nationalists.
Original post by Jasaron
UKIP seem to be lenient on anything other than immigration policy, because that's the only way they're gonna get votes from anyone other than racists and nationalists.

Not wanting excessive immigration = racism? Okay m8.
Original post by SuperiorGenius
Not wanting excessive immigration = racism? Okay m8.

EVERY major party is looking to stop excessive immigration. UKIP use immigration issues as a scapegoat for our nation's problems, causing racism towards immigrants.
Original post by n00
What is it? :s-smilie:

What Nigel Farage wants.
Reply 6

Thanks, but I still have no idea what it is.

From the top result

"Ukip leader said the war on drugs had been lost “many, many years ago” and that it was time for them to be legalised despite strong opposition from his party. "

Not a word about it on their website.

Then there was that youth leader that got kicked out in part because of his comments on legalising drugs.

So what is it? :s-smilie:
Reply 7
Original post by Jasaron
UKIP seem to be lenient on anything other than immigration policy,

Don't forget the gays.
I read a little while ago that Farage doesn't favour the 'war on drugs' approach but the rest of his party didn't like him saying that.
Reply 9
They are seen as a single-issue party, so I doubt their views on drugs will attract/detract voters to them. It simply isn't important.
Farage wants to legalize all drugs: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/ukip/10744924/Nigel-Farage-I-have-never-
taken-drugs-but-they-should-be-legal.html

As admirable as this position is, he is still a class A cock.
Reply 11
Original post by Mackay
They are seen as a single-issue party, so I doubt their views on drugs will attract/detract voters to them. It simply isn't important.

I've heard a fair few kipers talk up ukip as a good option for drug law reform, there used to be a regular on here but it's an area where much of the party seem to strongly disagree with the views of Farage so i imagine it does have the potential to lose them votes and i'll probably never get an answer.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by KingBradly
Farage wants to legalize all drugs: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/ukip/10744924/Nigel-Farage-I-have-never-

As much as I dislike Nigel Farage, you've misquoted him there. The article says he is in favour of legalising some drugs, not all. He's not clear on what drugs he would decriminalise though.
Reply 13
Original post by KingBradly

Much the same as Dave then.

David Cameron, the Tory leadership contender, believes the UN should consider legalising drugs and wants hard-core addicts to be provided with legal "shooting galleries" and state-prescribed heroin.

He also supported calls for ecstasy to be downgraded from the class-A status it shares with cocaine and heroin and said it would be "disappointing" if radical options on the law on cannabis were not looked at.
Reply 14
Original post by SHallowvale
What Nigel Farage wants.

Not in this case it seems, UKIP head office just got back to me.

UKIP would maintain the law as it stands

:frown:
(edited 9 years ago)
UKIP drugs Policy:

Leave the EU so we can control our borders which will enable us to:

Stop all crime
Solve the housing crisis
Cure cancer
Save the NHS
Solve the drugs problem
Cure the cost of living crisis
Reduce our debt
Bring back Britishness*

*delete as applicable

The link above is rubbish. It is dated April this year - UKIP's policies have a life span of anywhere between an hour to a day.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by InnerTemple

The link above is rubbish. It is dated April this year - UKIP's policies have a life span of anywhere between an hour to a day.

It didn't even make it to UKIP policy, just another example of Farage trying to con libertarians to vote for authoritarians.
UKIP aren't either racist or homophobic. They just want to control immigration and also they are not either for or against gay marriage because it would annoy the church and they don't really mind about gay marriage, neither to I as it, it's over a name because civil partnership and marriage basically the same. we live in a place full of equality right? It seems liberals think it is ok to offence religious people apart from the Muslims who disagree with their ideology. It depends about the drug Farage isn't too bothered about drug policy but Paul Nuthell is very much against it, as I am because I live in the biggest druggie place in Limavady and I am very anti-drugs I have no time for them, I think dealers along with murders, terrorists, sex offenders, people very bad to pet animals, those that assault others that puts them in a serious condition like a coma for example and assault children and elderly should be put to death because they are evil.
Reply 18
Original post by Crawfordladd17
UKIP aren't either racist or homophobic. They just want to control immigration and also they are not either for or against gay marriage because it would annoy the church and they don't really mind about gay marriage, neither to I as it, it's over a name because civil partnership and marriage basically the same. we live in a place full of equality right? It seems liberals think it is ok to offence religious people apart from the Muslims who disagree with their ideology. It depends about the drug Farage isn't too bothered about drug policy but Paul Nuthell is very much against it, as I am because I live in the biggest druggie place in Limavady and I am very anti-drugs I have no time for them, I think dealers along with murders, terrorists, sex offenders, people very bad to pet animals, those that assault others that puts them in a serious condition like a coma for example and assault children and elderly should be put to death because they are evil.

Glad you could clear that one up, so it's the death penalty for passing a spliff, makes sense, sounds a lot more like UKIP than Nige's comments.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by n00
Glad you could clear that one up, so it's the death penalty for passing a spliff, makes sense, sounds a lot more like UKIP than Nige's comments.

Ok legalise Weed, but anything harder is scummy.
Heroine, Magic mushroom, Cocaine, LSD etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending