The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Sports - 2015 Accommodation worries!

Hello,

I am going to apply to do Sport at NTU based at Clifton Campus, but the only halls they have available for parking permits is Peverell which is marketed for non mature students. Being 22, I may not have much common ground living with people that young, especially with all the noise. I have also heard that Clifton isn't exactly the safest place to live in Notts.

I have been looking at other halls in and around the City Centre, Ive been told I would be unable to drive to Clifton Campus as there is no parking spaces so I was wondering how long the commute would be on bus and how much would it cost?

Do you think I should stay at Clifton or move to the city? I'm from Birmingham so the city does appeal to me but I'm worried about the commute to lectures.

If anyone who lives in Clifton or by the City has any advice I would greatly appreciate it!
Original post by Kayciisit
Hello,

I am going to apply to do Sport at NTU based at Clifton Campus, but the only halls they have available for parking permits is Peverell which is marketed for non mature students. Being 22, I may not have much common ground living with people that young, especially with all the noise. I have also heard that Clifton isn't exactly the safest place to live in Notts.

I have been looking at other halls in and around the City Centre, Ive been told I would be unable to drive to Clifton Campus as there is no parking spaces so I was wondering how long the commute would be on bus and how much would it cost?

Do you think I should stay at Clifton or move to the city? I'm from Birmingham so the city does appeal to me but I'm worried about the commute to lectures.

If anyone who lives in Clifton or by the City has any advice I would greatly appreciate it!

Hi Kayciisit,

Have you spoken to the accommodations team yet? They will be able to help you with any accommodation queries. Here's their contact number 0115 848 2894

The crimerate in Nottingham is at its lowest rate for 35 years. Like all big universities,NTU and the city of Nottingham itself are generally safe places to live andstudy - as long as you use common sense.

Also there is Student Parking at the Clifton campus for students. However, if you decided to live at the city site you can always use the bus which is a fairly reasonable price. Journeys cost £2 each or a £3.50 for an all-day ticket. You could also get the discounted longer-term pass .

Hope this helps,
Erica
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Hello Erica,

Thank you for your reply,

I decided to stay at Clifton and pay for a permit.

Thank you for your help.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending