The Student Room Group

Is she a true friend or just a bitch?

My friend lead me on to believe that this girl liked me and wanted to go out with me, she kept reinforcing it every time that I thought it was true. But the whole time she knew this was not true and she never liked me all. Of course I believed her and unfortunately the girl was the friendly type so I misinterpreted this as a good signal and she rejected me when I asked her out. I was so upset but thinking about it now, was my friend being a bitch? She said she did this because she wanted me to learn about dating and get my confidence up since I've never had a gf before

Does it justify her actions at all?
Reply 1
In case it wasn't clear enough, there's 2 different girls. My friend and another girl.
I think your friend was being a good friend. She tried to get your confidence up so you would have the courage to ask someone out. Rejections no biggie tbh.
"Ay, yo bitch!"
Lol. Sorry.
She could've really cared about your confidence with girls?
Wanted to boost your self confidence?
Rejections hold no importance.
Reply 4
Original post by sharminrita
It seems as though her intentions were to help you but she didn't go about it in the best way. It doesn't justify her lying though as it perhaps left you feeling embarrassed and rather than helping your confidence, it probably knocked it down. I wouldn't say she is a bitch, maybe stupid? Best thing would be to tell her how it made you feel and tell her you would appreciate it if she didn't do anything like that again in the future.

But it feels like she lied to me, even if it helped me... It's just that trust is gone now, but I'm struggling to find why she would care about things like this, if she did.
Reply 5
very skilled manipulation... hmm

well she was dishonest which was never good

her intentions were good (if she is telling the truth)

but does the ends justify the means?

I can't give you a rational answer OP and you must have felt like crap, but it might work out in the end maybe she was just trying to help.

maybe she was a psycho getting revenge for something u did to her 6 years ago...
Reply 6
Original post by sharminrita
So you think she perhaps tried to deliberately do this for no reason (her intentions were not to help you)?
Has she done anything like this before?

Never, we had known each other for 6 months before it happened. If she tried to help she wouldn't allow me to go through with all this

Original post by DErasmus
very skilled manipulation... hmm

well she was dishonest which was never good

her intentions were good (if she is telling the truth)

but does the ends justify the means?

I can't give you a rational answer OP and you must have felt like crap, but it might work out in the end maybe she was just trying to help.

maybe she was a psycho getting revenge for something u did to her 6 years ago...

She's not the type to anything like this to be honest... But I feel it was inappropriate as it caused unnecessary problems. I've never done anything bad to her before
I think she did a good thing tbh, now you should know rejections aren't that bad and are just part of life.
Reply 8
At least she made you try and ask the girl you liked out. Better than regretting it ;/
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger and i bet you can ask another girl out
Reply 10
I think if she had a fair idea that this girl wasn't up for it with you then it's not a nice thing to do. I'd hate that as it raises false hopes and ultimately leads to embarrassment. However if she wasn't really sure and just wanted to encourage you to get out there then perhaps it's forgivable.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending