The Student Room Group

Gcse ict help

I need help with my event model edexcel gcse ict CW, how do you make cells in excel that help you investigate price changes and stuff. Can you guide me through the process of making a cell which you have got up/down arrows in and you can change the values
Original post by Loyale
I need help with my event model edexcel gcse ict CW, how do you make cells in excel that help you investigate price changes and stuff. Can you guide me through the process of making a cell which you have got up/down arrows in and you can change the values

What have you tried so far?
Reply 2
Original post by Slowbro93
What have you tried so far?

I had my coursework delted but had activity 1 backed up so its ok, however ive started the event model, the dashboard and the food and drink section
Original post by Loyale
I had my coursework delted but had activity 1 backed up so its ok, however ive started the event model, the dashboard and the food and drink section

Sorry this doesn't make sense with no context, I was referring to what you've tried in Excel
Reply 4
Sorry this doesn't make sense with no context, I was referring to what you've tried in Excel

Sorry, I've inserting the values and what i want is a cell with arrows that you can use to change the values.
Original post by Loyale
Sorry, I've inserting the values and what i want is a cell with arrows that you can use to change the values.

You need to have a developer tab on your Excel screen. You can get that by doing:

File then click options
Next click on customise ribbon and on the right there are some tick boxes. Click on the one that says developer.

Click on the developer tab and click insert. You should be able to see the button you want.

Right click on that and click format control. You should see a pop up screen. Can you see what to do next?
Reply 6
You need to have a developer tab on your Excel screen. You can get that by doing:

File then click options
Next click on customise ribbon and on the right there are some tick boxes. Click on the one that says developer.

Click on the developer tab and click insert. You should be able to see the button you want.

Right click on that and click format control. You should see a pop up screen. Can you see what to do next?

It's a lot quicker to just right-click the ribbon isn't it?
Original post by Andy98
It's a lot quicker to just right-click the ribbon isn't it?

That too, couldn't remember how to do it that way :tongue:
Reply 8
That too, couldn't remember how to do it that way :tongue:

Hahaha - my rule of thumb is "If in doubt, right-click" - if that doesn't work I'll stop being lazy :tongue:
Reply 9

I tciked the developer tab but there isnt an insert button anywhere
Original post by Loyale
I tciked the developer tab but there isnt an insert button anywhere

Are you the developer tab now? Can you print screen what you can see?
Reply 11

here
Original post by Loyale

here

Press okay? :tongue:
Reply 13
Alright, so which tool do i use to make the kind of scroll cell
Original post by Loyale
Alright, so which tool do i use to make the kind of scroll cell

Click developer and then click insert. You should see the button that you want.
Reply 15
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!:redface:
Original post by Loyale
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!:redface:

NO worries :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest