The Student Room Group

A-level study while on gap year?

I've heard people can still study for A-level exams during a gap year in your own time, and sit the exam at the end of it. Has anyone got any more info. on this/something similar I may be thinking about? Like if you go through your college still, how many you can do, costs, whether it's even possible...

Reply 1
I'm doing re-sitting my a-levels whilst doing a foundation year. My college has allowed me to use them to do my exams. You just ask if you can re-sit as an external candidate and if they say yes, when it comes to paying for re-sits at your college, you just pay for the individual modules that you want to retake and sit the exams.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
You will have to sit the exams as an external candidate at a centre which can accomodate such students. You can sit as many exams as you like.

Most centres I know of charge in the region of 60-100 quid per A-level module so they are pretty expensive, brah. :frown: Some centres also include admission fees which will cost a further 100 quid or so.

Try getting in touch with your former school/college, as they usually take on students like yourself for much cheaper prices.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Talk to your current college about it, and they may be able to advise on costs etc, potentially even letting you sit in lessons. They will be much cheaper than going to a private centre.
Reply 4
man that is pretty expensive, i'm glad it exists though.
thanks all

Quick Reply

Latest