The Student Room Group

What Degree Can I do?

What degree can I do with;
Biology, Chemistry, Geography & Psychology?
The salary must be at least 40k Minimum.
Reply 1
bump
Pretty much any degree can get you a salary of +40k if you go to a reputable uni, get a good degree and progress up the job ladder. However I would recommenda degree in Geography (suprisingly applicable to jobs), Biochem, Natural Sciences etc. It however is really up to you. What subject do you enjoy? I have recommended broader degrees, look at uni website and look at mire specific ones which align with your interests and then choose
Original post by Willburrr
Pretty much any degree can get you a salary of +40k if you go to a reputable uni, get a good degree and progress up the job ladder. However I would recommenda degree in Geography (suprisingly applicable to jobs), Biochem, Natural Sciences etc. It however is really up to you. What subject do you enjoy? I have recommended broader degrees, look at uni website and look at mire specific ones which align with your interests and then choose

Geography has a 36% employment rate after six months, you know.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Medicine? Or a degree in any of those four A levels?

Look at the requirements for degrees on Uni websites to see what you're eligible to do
Reply 5
Original post by Edminzodo
Geography has a 36% employment rate after six months, you know.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Biochemistry any good?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Frannoooooooo
Medicine? Or a degree in any of those four A levels?

Look at the requirements for degrees on Uni websites to see what you're eligible to do

medicine may be difficult as it usually requires either maths or physics at A2
Original post by Goodshah
Biochemistry any good?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The employment figure is simply incorrect I would not listen to it, look at each unis websites to see actual employment rates
medicine may be difficult as it usually requires either maths or physics at A2

No it doesn't. Chemistry A2 is usually the only requirement with another A2 or even AS in another science. I think Cambridge is the only Uni where you need 3 or more Science subjects. Otherwise, Chem and Bio are fine.
Original post by Frannoooooooo
No it doesn't. Chemistry A2 is usually the only requirement with another A2 or even AS in another science. I think Cambridge is the only Uni where you need 3 or more Science subjects. Otherwise, Chem and Bio are fine.

ah sorry my mistkae :smile:, still if this is a 2015 applicant medicine isnt a wise choice due to the work experience needed ukcat etx
ah sorry my mistkae :smile:, still if this is a 2015 applicant medicine isnt a wise choice due to the work experience needed ukcat etx

Yeh Maths/Physics are going to make them a much stronger candidate but not required. And yeah that's a good point, medicine needs a lot of preparation and isn't something you can just choose at the last minute:rolleyes:
Reply 12
You don't need a degree to earn £40,000+. You need to be in the right job with the right attitude and skills.
Reply 13
Yea I'm probably going to consider medicine but I just wanted to see what else I could do.
Also you don't need maths for it & I will be soon starting my Volunteering & work Shadowing.
Original post by Maker
You don't need a degree to earn £40,000+. You need to be in the right job with the right attitude and skills.

... thats obvious, however getting a degree helps you access top jobs required to make that amount of money, its a lot harder without further education
Original post by Rstlss
Yea I'm probably going to consider medicine but I just wanted to see what else I could do.
Also you don't need maths for it & I will be soon starting my Volunteering & work Shadowing.

What were your GCSE and AS results?
Original post by Rstlss
What degree can I do with;
Biology, Chemistry, Geography & Psychology?
The salary must be at least 40k Minimum.

40k starting after an undergrad degree only in IB, trading or possibly some of the consultancy firms will you get that no matter what degree you do.

The most important thing is to go to a reasonably good university if you want to get into the above jobs. There is always huge argument on TSR about which universities are the main target unis but i would say:
Cambridge, Imperial, Oxford, LSE. Any others would probably (definitely) disadvantage you. And numerate degrees e.g. maths, physics >>others like biology, geography.

Quick Reply

Latest