The Student Room Group

Mathematics at the university of Warwick

Hi,

I wish to study mathematics at the university of Warwick, how do I get admitted and what are all the requirements to do so? And also how many applicants per place are they and do I stand a chance with the competition?

Any help will be appreciated, thanks

Thanks, regards

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sal11
Hi,

I wish to study mathematics at the university of Warwick, how do I get admitted and what are all the requirements to do so? And also how many applicants per place are they and do I stand a chance with the competition?

Thanks, regards

http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/apply/

http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/g100/
Reply 2
Apply for maths and physics and transfer after the first year, lower entry requirements :wink:
Original post by TheBBQ
Apply for maths and physics and transfer after the first year, lower entry requirements :wink:

That assumes they will allow you to transfer - it's not a done deal.

Not a method I'd recommend for getting onto the maths course.

See TenOfThem's post above.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Sal11
Hi,

I wish to study mathematics at the university of Warwick, how do I get admitted and what are all the requirements to do so? And also how many applicants per place are they and do I stand a chance with the competition?It's not terribly well enforced, but strictly speaking this post belongs better in

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=46

which is the forum for discussions about "studying maths at university".

[To be clear: if you are talking about mathematics, the post belongs in the forum you're in right now - even if the mathematics is at a university level.

But if you're talking about university specific stuff like admissions, which university to choose, etc. then it belongs in the forum I've linked to].
Is the minimum requirement for maths here A*AA and a 1 in step or
Is the minimum requirement an A*AA and a 1 in step or would they also accept an A*A*B and a 1 in step?
Would most unis accept equivalent grades like this or not?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
It's harder to get A*AA and a 1 than A*A*A and a 2. Aim for the second requirement.
Reply 8
Original post by ubisoft
It's harder to get A*AA and a 1 than A*A*A and a 2. Aim for the second requirement.

Nope, I'd go for the easiest option which is grade- AAA and S in step.
Reply 9
Original post by Sal11
Nope, I'd go for the easiest option which is grade- AAA and S in step.

You don't want him/her to commit suicide.
Reply 10
Original post by kkboyk

What are you talking about?
Original post by Sal11
Hi,

Thanks, regards

Almost everyone who applies gets the offer, so you don't need to worry about that. It's more about whether you can realistically make the offer.
Reply 12
Original post by ubisoft

or apply to UCL or IMPERIAL which have lower requirements
Original post by TeeEm
or apply to UCL or IMPERIAL which have lower requirements

They also give out less offers, a lower offer doesn't mean its easier to get in.
Reply 14
Original post by jameswhughes
They also give out less offers, a lower offer doesn't mean its easier to get in.

I did not know that...
how many maths places then in UCL vs WARWICK vs IMPERIAL?
Original post by Sal11
Hi,

Thanks, regards

Honestly man, if you are unable to even find the standard entry requirements then I honestly don't think that you're cut out for Warwick.

Best to start looking at Universities more around your level such as Bolton, Leeds Trinity or Bedfordshire.
Original post by kkboyk

lol i wont haha.
Original post by mackemforever
Honestly man, if you are unable to even find the standard entry requirements then I honestly don't think that you're cut out for Warwick.

Best to start looking at Universities more around your level such as Bolton, Leeds Trinity or Bedfordshire.

That par tho
Reply 18
Original post by mackemforever

That's quite harsh. Though I agree with your first paragraph, but a lot of people overseas do not know this (that is to say if the OP isn't currently studying in UK).
Reply 19
Original post by jameswhughes
Almost everyone who applies gets the offer, so you don't need to worry about that. It's more about whether you can realistically make the offer.

Nice, that's good to hear!!

Are you doing maths at Warwick by any chance?

Quick Reply

Latest