The Student Room Group

Is it that weird?

I hate clubs, i absolutely loathe them. Parties too. All of the times i've gone always felt like a fish out of the water, that i don't belong there. Yep, i'm 18 and can't stand them, is is that weird? Bars and pubs are nice and i like that i can actually talk with someone and not have to pretend i'm having fun. My friends love clubbing and they always tell me '' why don't you come? you're boring, weird, need to grow up ''. Is it that weird to not like clubs? It makes me feel insecure, i feel i don't belong. I like going out to the cinema and the theatre and an ideal night for me isn's dancing in the club but chatting in a bar or something. Also, i don't like drinking a lot, just a little bit. I don't know, i just get told often i'm too old for my age. Also, i'm not looking just for a night stand but for something more meaninful even though i'm still young.
What do you think about this? I'm tired of being told i should change and become the outgoing girl while i'm not like that :frown:
Original post by Anonymous
I hate clubs, i absolutely loathe them. Parties too. All of the times i've gone always felt like a fish out of the water, that i don't belong there. Yep, i'm 18 and can't stand them, is is that weird? Bars and pubs are nice and i like that i can actually talk with someone and not have to pretend i'm having fun. My friends love clubbing and they always tell me '' why don't you come? you're boring, weird, need to grow up ''. Is it that weird to not like clubs? It makes me feel insecure, i feel i don't belong. I like going out to the cinema and the theatre and an ideal night for me isn's dancing in the club but chatting in a bar or something. Also, i don't like drinking a lot, just a little bit. I don't know, i just get told often i'm too old for my age. Also, i'm not looking just for a night stand but for something more meaninful even though i'm still young.
What do you think about this? I'm tired of being told i should change and become the outgoing girl while i'm not like that :frown:

Don't worry, you're a high frequency being and they're obviously low frequency beings, you have you're own style which will take you far but they're most likely brainwashed by the media to go to clubs (which I Go to as well by the way) all the time to prove their image or something, they don't respect your style or something, but don't listen to them, different Is what makes champions, mainstream is what makes 'boring' personalities (although I don't believe in a boring personality )

In conclusion don't let anyone force you into doing anything, and have your own style.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You're not weird, or if you're weird, I'm weird too.
No, it's not weird at all. Plenty of people prefer pubs to clubs, particularly because you can have an actual conversation in them without having to shout! Your friends are just being silly, ignore them
I hope I never ever step foot in a club :afraid:
Not weird. Yeah Dude got it spot on, they are only trying to give off an image because they're so insecure about themselves that they just do whatever they think is "normal" according to the Media. It shows when they call you names and stuff, telling you to grow up when they're the ones name calling like kids?

Be you, it's the best person you can be.
Original post by Anonymous

Imagine if everyone loved the same music.
Reply 7
You're posting this on TSR, where going to a club and enjoying it apparently makes you less of a being.

Quick Reply

Latest