The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
i am a biter.....only in times of stress tho! and i dont even realise im doing it until its too late. no matter how much i try to quit, wheneer the stress levels rise, the length of my nails falls :frown:
Reply 21
HeStoleMyCrayon
bitten nails look better than claws

Certainly not, my love.:rolleyes:
Reply 22
ljlindley
i am a biter.....only in times of stress tho! and i dont even realise im doing it until its too late. no matter how much i try to quit, wheneer the stress levels rise, the length of my nails falls :frown:

that's creepy!
Reply 23
HeStoleMyCrayon
bite them, then transfer to the bin. if there is no nearby bin, put them in pockets until later, then put them in a bin.

:eek: you kidding or serious?
Reply 24
HeStoleMyCrayon
bite them, then transfer to the bin. if there is no nearby bin, put them in pockets until later, then put them in a bin.

Hehehe - ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. :biggrin:
I bite them, and chew pen lids, almost chewed blue tack once:redface: I just kinda put anything in my hands in my mouth to chew :redface: piano doesn't help me biting them - I bite em to keep em short..same for flute...and stress means my nails go down as well :p:
lol, im totally serious
Reply 27
I've never bitten them...not properly anyway. I used to pick all the time but at the mo I've got no stress so they're long and pretty. That'll last about a week :p:
Reply 28
i bit my nails til i got 16 then things changed
Reply 29
I've bitten them for as long as I can remember, and got much worse in the past couple of years. They look awful and hurt all the time, but I don't seem to be able to stop.

I could put it down to a manifestation of my anxiety, but in actuality I think it's more that I'm just a bit of a prat with no self-control.
I've developed a nail biting habit, it's really annoying because I used to have nice long nails :frown: Picked it up from my brother I think. Apparently biting your nails/picking your nose (I don't do the latter! :puke:) Is 'good' for you and your immune system because you are digesting germs in small dosages that allows your immune system to recognise them. I dunno, something like that lol, so bite away! :biggrin: *nash*nash* xxx
Reply 31
I bit til December 2005, then I stopped, then i started again a bit but still had whites. atm, I have not bitten them AT ALL for 1.5 weeks by appling BLACK nail polish.
I bite them off, chew them into about a hundred little pieces and swallow them. I want to stop but it's damn hard :frown:!!!
By the way, biting your nails ins't good for your teeth either. :frown:
Reply 34
tanusha-tomsk
By the way, biting your nails ins't good for your teeth either. :frown:

I did it for years and my teeth are fine...
I have a fake tooth because I broke mine a few years ago and I bite my nails as well. Problem is my fake tooth isnt very strong and I keep breaking little bits off when I chew my nails. Its slowly getting shorter....
Reply 37

..Yeah, in TAIWAN.
Reply 38
supernova2
I have a fake tooth because I broke mine a few years ago and I bite my nails as well. Problem is my fake tooth isnt very strong and I keep breaking little bits off when I chew my nails. Its slowly getting shorter....

That should really be enough to get me to stop - but unfortunately it isn't.:frown:
Reply 39
rife in britian too.
Mostly passed round playschools by children.
Which is why your parents told you not too.

http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/articles/article.aspx?articleId=362

unfortunately couldn't find any uk based research on it.

Latest

Trending

Trending