The Student Room Group

Halloween? More like Slutoween

Has halloween always been like this, or has it only been a thing for the last few years? I was too young in the 90s or early 2000 to know what it was like and how a lot people dressed for halloween back then, though from what I remember it was nothing like it is nowadays. Perhaps some older people on here could chime in.

Scroll to see replies

Slut-o-ween sounds fun.

#meangirls
(edited 9 years ago)
I keep forgetting it's Halloween, driving in my car I keep seeing girls with funny makeup on. Sometimes it's hard to tell the normal makeup to the Halloween makeup.
I don't get why Halloween is so big this year? Anyone have a wiki link or something? lol
Original post by C_tinie_D
I don't get why Halloween is so big this year? Anyone have a wiki link or something? lol

Maybe cos it actually falls on a Friday this year? Idk. Never really celebrated it besides watching a few horror films.

To OP, I'm not sure, I'd say 2000 onwards it seems to have been a big thing with girls once they reach a certain age to dress...scantily clad. Guess its just an excuse to do so :dontknow:
Sluts just want to dress as sluts so it's the perfect excuse. Less people are gonna be judging you on what you wear as well :lol:
Original post by Precious Illusions
Maybe cos it actually falls on a Friday this year? Idk. Never really celebrated it besides watching a few horror films.

To OP, I'm not sure, I'd say 2000 onwards it seems to have been a big thing with girls once they reach a certain age to dress...scantily clad. Guess its just an excuse to do so :dontknow:

Could be, I mean even I am doing something tonight for Halloween lol I haven't done anything since I was small :jacko:
Is it really an issue though? It's very hard to find costumes that AREN'T revealing as a female anyway. But really, whats one night? Most costumes aren't even very "slutty" just have cleavage, you'll probably see as much flesh/cleavage on an average night out anyway
Original post by fieldy_xo
Is it really an issue though? It's very hard to find costumes that AREN'T revealing as a female anyway. But really, whats one night? Most costumes aren't even very "slutty" just have cleavage, you'll probably see as much flesh/cleavage on an average night out anyway

Got go agree here, it was an absolute nightmare trying to find a costume last year that wasn't really revealing. There doesn't seem to be a middle ground with womens costumes they either go up to your arse cheeks or they are really ugly and go down to your ankles, which can be so so frustrating if you don't have the time, skill or money to make your own costume.
I do really miss seeing more creative and scary costumes but meh, its up to the girls what they wanna go as.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Why degrade people who want to dress sexy or something along the lines of that? It's kinda immature to call people sluts and the judge what they are wearing. They are happy with what they are wearing and it doesn't harm you soooo... :rolleyes:
Yeah at the end of the day it's their choice. I'm pretty neutral on it either way.

However some of the outfits I've seen aren't even halloween related at all. They're just extremely revealing clothing (stockings, cheek-showing shorts/skirts, cleavage, etc.) combined with a bit of face paint or something...basically outfits that look the same as what would be worn to a typical fancy dress party. I don't get that at all.

So yeah, basically the same as an average night out, but even more so than that just because of the occasion
Reply 13
Original post by TooEasy123
Yeah at the end of the day it's their choice. I'm pretty neutral on it either way.

However some of the outfits I've seen aren't even halloween related at all. They're just extremely revealing clothing (stockings, cheek-showing shorts/skirts, cleavage, etc.) combined with a bit of face paint or something...basically outfits that look the same as what would be worn to a typical fancy dress party. I don't get that at all.

So yeah, basically the same as an average night out, but even more so than that just because of the occasion

Yeah but if you think about it. Only a few people actually dress "scary" at Halloween parties. I mean you get dudes dressed up as hotdogs, pro-wrestlers and even in mankinis. So :confused:
I just wish people would dress up in actual Hallowe'en costumes, not just general fancy dress. :erm:
Reply 15
Is it just me or does every girl dress as a cat these days?
Original post by RFowler
Relevant.

Wouldn't consider that sexy but........ Whatever floats your boat man
Reply 18
I went on a Halloween night out in Liverpool in 2004; I remember seeing one girl wearing a bra and knickers with a pair of bunny ears :eek: My friends and I were wearing short dresses/skirts ourselves, so yeah there were girls who dressed like that back then. From what I remember adults and teenagers didn't tend to dress up for Halloween until the early 00s, I think that was a trend that came over from America.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by gemmam
I went on a Halloween night out in Liverpool in 2004; I remember seeing one girl wearing a bra and knickers with a pair of bunny ears :eek: My friends and I were wearing short dresses/skirts ourselves, so yeah there were girls who dressed like that back then. From what I remember adults and teenagers didn't tend to dress up for Halloween until the early 00s, I think that was a trend that came over from America.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Interesting! I was too young to be aware back then. :tongue: All I remember is that trick or treating was ridiculous when I was younger, so many people knocking on the door. Nowadays I barely see anyone out...

Quick Reply

Latest