The Student Room Group

That DOMS feeling...

Volume day yesterday so everything is dying today.

Anyone else enjoy tensing then untensing muscles with really bad DOMS? It's oddly satisfying...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Motorbiker
Volume day yesterday so everything is dying today.

Anyone else enjoy tensing then untensing muscles with really bad DOMS? It's oddly satisfying...

Ha I said this the other day in the mbsfm. I'm getting used to squats now so no doms. Makes me sad.
Reply 2
I got DOMS for the first few weeks of working out but these days I don't get any unless I switch up my exercises.
I never get DOMS :frown:
Original post by Scoobiedoobiedo

Time to change your routine up!
Original post by Lee R

What would you recommend?
What would you recommend?

That would depend on what your goals have been and what you're wanting achieve.
Original post by Lee R
That would depend on what your goals have been and what you're wanting achieve.

I want bigger arms, shoulders and chest.

How should I lift?
Once my DOMS was so bad after chest day I went to A+E.
I want bigger arms, shoulders and chest.

How should I lift?

Squats, deadlift, bench are a must. These 3 are the main factors for releasing growth hormones for your whole body.
Original post by Lee R
Squats, deadlift, bench are a must. These 3 are the main factors for releasing growth hormones for your whole body.

I don't squat or deadlift. I've read that squats are bad for the knees and deadlifting can injure the lower back, so I avoid them.
Original post by Lee R

Nice broscience dude :cool:
I don't squat or deadlift. I've read that squats are bad for the knees and deadlifting can injure the lower back, so I avoid them.

Not if you lift correctly. It;s a giant myth that if you go near a squat or dead that you'll crumble and die. Lift correctly (get a qualified trainer to show you how) and reap the gains.
Original post by h3isenberg
Nice broscience dude :cool:

You know it's the truth, dude :-)
Original post by Lee R
Not if you lift correctly. It;s a giant myth that if you go near a squat or dead that you'll crumble and die. Lift correctly (get a qualified trainer to show you how) and reap the gains.

What routine would you recommend?

Any tips on getting bigger?
What routine would you recommend?

Any tips on getting bigger?

Personally, to start with I would check out 5x5 Stronglifts. It's simple but effective. But make sure to ask for help in squatting and deadlift. You can really hurt yourself if you lift incorrectly.

Original post by Lee R

You don't need it. Just feels good that's all. As long as you're improving you're good. I got huge doms on chest once. And I didn't improve on that exercise

Posted from TSR Mobile
I love DOMS. It's my favourite part of this whole workout business. :smile:
Reply 18
I seem to have endless PRSOM for Scoobie

I don't get DOMS either. I had it for a few weeks after not lifting and it was the brutal can't walk down stairs kind. It's gone now and I don't miss it
I've had DOMS this week after not really squatting in the buildup to my competition last week. The started this week with a new programme and did triples at 85 on Monday and a doubles up to 100kg on Wednesday. Mmm DOMS.
Got som lat DOMS too, because I've been doing a bit of snatch-grip pressing.

Quick Reply

Latest