The Student Room Group

Agency vs applying directly for a job

what is better agency for jobs or applying directly to a company for a job as people say agency takes money of your earnings but some people have no choice to use an agency to get a job as if u apply directly u get rejected anyway so what are your past experiences on using agencies to get jobs good or bad way to use them
Some companies don't take in employees directly if there are agency workers, some do take agency workers only when there is a spike in demand.

The agency generally doesn't take any money of you from what they state they would pay you but the company does pay the agency significantly more than you get in wages.

Usually once you are an agency worker you won't get hired directly by the company for several months, usually upward of 4 months.
Personally, I've had very good experiences with agencies - I started my current job just over 5 months ago and that was through an agency, it made the application process a breeze! Not everyone has great experiences though but really a lot of it depends on the candidate and what jobs are actually available - so much of it is being in the right place at the right time, and I'm fortunate to have been looking at the time I saw this job pop up as it's ideal for me and I couldn't be happier!

NB: the way for a normal agency to make their money is to charge the employer a recruitment fee, so it doesn't affect you in any way.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending