The Student Room Group

Would you date someone with HIV?

If someone you was getting to know told you they had HIV, what would you do and say?

Scroll to see replies

I aint suicidal
Nope.
If I am correct there is a drug you can take before sex that if you are at risk of contracting HIV in intercourse, well basically it stops you getting HIV. So you could still have a sexual relationship without the risk of contracting the illness.
Nope.
Never
Reply 6
of course, most people who say otherwise probably don't understand HIV lets be honest
but I'll ask some for their reasons in case there's something I'm missing here

Original post by High Stakes
Nope.

Original post by SnoochToTheBooch
Nope.

Original post by DeadGirlsDance
Never

why not guys? Please read an article on HIV/AIDS before replying so you know the risks and life impact and everything else like that about it so you don't just respond with an uneducated answer like "I don't want him to die on me randomly one day soon" or "I don't want to catch it and die so I wouldn't even be able to hold her hand" etc

Original post by Secretnerd123
I aint suicidal

don't commit suicide then fam
Nope.
Yes.
Maybe.
Original post by louieee
of course, most people who say otherwise probably don't understand HIV lets be honest
but I'll ask some for their reasons in case there's something I'm missing here

why not guys? Please read an article on HIV/AIDS before replying so you know the risks and life impact and everything else like that about it so you don't just respond with an uneducated answer like "I don't want him to die on me randomly one day soon" or "I don't want to catch it and die so I wouldn't even be able to hold her hand" etc

don't commit suicide then fam

I just don't want to invite that nightmare into my life. Wouldn't want to have sex knowing that there was just a millimetre of rubber between me and the depths of hell. Billions of other potential partners out there.
I just don't want to invite that nightmare into my life. Wouldn't want to have sex knowing that there was just a millimetre of rubber between me and the depths of hell. Billions of other potential partners out there.

that's a really ridiculous point of view
Never ever.
Probably not
Original post by louieee
that's a really ridiculous point of view

Care to educate me then?
Nope
Original post by Secretnerd123
I aint suicidal

Original post by President Putin
Nope.

Original post by DeadGirlsDance
Never

Nope.

Original post by MidnightDream
Probably not

Original post by chocolatesauce
Nope

Good to see prejudice is alive and well.
Original post by Nick Parsons

Sorry. I'd like my immune system to remain in working order.
No thanks.
Original post by Nick Parsons

Why would anyone want to increase the number of HIV cases, there's already too many. Also when I date someone, I'm dating with the intention of possibly getting married and having a family. If I were to have a family it can easily be passed on from me to my child. Why would I ever want myself, my child or anyone to contract HIV....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending