The Student Room Group

I really need help with my personal statement!!

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Just want to say do not post it online to avoid having somebody steal parts/all of it.

Even if you don't want to, I think showing your English teacher would be a good starting point, or if not your English teacher, then another English teacher in your school. On TSR there are lots of sample personal statements, I found them really useful for a source of inspiration when writing mine. You should look at those to see how to structure it :smile:

(Here's the link http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/category:tongue:ersonal_statements_by_subject)
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi,

What course are you applying to? Your PS should be centered around your chosen area of study.
Original post by robhughes
Just want to say do not post it online to avoid having somebody steal parts/all of it.

Even if you don't want to, I think showing your English teacher would be a good starting point, or if not your English teacher, then another English teacher in your school. On TSR there are lots of sample personal statements, I found them really useful for a source of inspiration when writing mine. You should look at those to see how to structure it :smile:

(Here's the link http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/category:tongue:ersonal_statements_by_subject)

Thank you! I think my biggest mistake right now is the English grammar because I've read my PS so many times that I can't see the mistakes anymore:frown:
Look at the stuff on the PS builder tool (see the links in my signature), although it won't help you with grammar I'm afraid. Your best bet really is to show it to a teacher who knows English well
Reply 5
Original post by angelamartinc235
Hi, my name is Angela and I'm a spanish student. In Spanish universities personal statement is not required so in my high school no one knows how to do it so, I'm applying to British unis and I'm really lost because I don't know if I'm doing it right! I really need help with the style and also the grammar and everything and I don't want my English teacher to read it so if anyone would help me I would really appreciate it!

Spoiler

1. Show it to your English teacher
2. If you have any English relatives you commonly communicate with via Skype then send it to them via email - ask them first - tell them to email it back as its confidential and should not be put online for any reason

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending